- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 44. State Government
- Chapter 64. Hearing Officers and Office of Administrative Hearings
- Section 30. Jurisdiction of the Office.
previous: Section 20
. Powers and Duties of Chief Administrative Law Judge.
next: Section 40
. Administrative Law Judges.
AS 44.64.030. Jurisdiction of the Office.
- (a) The office shall conduct all adjudicative administrative hearings required under the following statutes or under
regulations adopted to implement the statutes:
- (1) AS 04.11.510
(b)(1) and (c) (alcoholic beverages license);
- (2) AS 05.15 (charitable gaming);
- (3) AS 05.20 (recreational devices);
- (4) AS 05.90.001
(special racing events);
- (5) AS 06 (banks and financial institutions);
- (6) AS 08 (occupational licensing), other than AS 08.08, AS 08.18.125, and AS 08.62.046;
- (7) AS 10.06 (Alaska Corporations Code);
- (8) AS 10.13 (Alaska BIDCO Act);
- (9) AS 10.25.375
(Electric and Telephone Cooperative Act);
- (10) AS 10.50.408
(limited liability companies);
- (11) AS 14.11.016
(education-related facility grants);
- (12) AS 14.18 (discrimination in public education);
- (13) AS 14.25.006 (teachers' retirement system);
- (14) AS 14.25.175 (waiver of adjustments under teachers' defined benefit plan);
- (15) AS 14.48 (postsecondary educational institutions);
- (16) AS 17.20 (Alaska Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act), other than AS 17.20.060 and 17.20.360;
- (17) AS 21.09, AS 21.22.190
, AS 21.27, AS 21.34, AS 21.36, AS 21.69, AS 21.86.200
, AS 21.87, and AS 21.89 (insurance);
- (18) AS 25.27 (child support services);
- (19) AS 32.06 (Uniform Partnership Act);
- (20) AS 34.45 (unclaimed property);
- (21) AS 34.55.024
and 34.55.026 (Uniform Land Sales Practices Act);
- (22) AS 36.30 (State Procurement Code), other than AS 36.30.627(a)(2);
- (23) AS 38.05.065
(contracts for sale of state land);
- (24) AS 39.30.165
(supplemental benefits system);
- (25) AS 39.30.335
(teachers' and public employees' health reimbursement arrangement plan);
- (26) AS 39.35.006
(public employees' retirement system);
- (27) AS 39.35.522
(waiver of adjustments under public employees' defined benefit plan);
- (28) AS 39.45.055
(publc employees' deferred compensation program);
- (29) AS 39.52 (Alaska Executive Branch Ethics Act);
- (30) AS 43.23 (permanent fund dividends);
- (31) AS 43.70 (Alaska Business License Act);
- (32) AS 44.50 (notaries public);
- (33) AS 44.77 (claims against the state);
- (34) AS 45.30.040
- (35) AS 45.55 (Alaska Securities Act);
- (36) AS 45.57 (Takeover Bid Disclosure Act);
- (37) AS 46 (water, air, energy, and environmental conservation),
other than AS 46.03.820, 46.03.850; AS 46.39,
- (38) AS 47.32 (licensing by the Department of
Health and Social Services);
- (39) AS 47.45 (longevity bonuses).
- (b) An agency may request the office to conduct an administrative hearing or other proceeding of that agency or to conduct
several administrative hearings or other proceedings under statutes not listed in (a) of this section. The office may
provide the service after entering into a written agreement with the agency describing the services to be provided and
providing for reimbursement by the agency to the office of the costs incurred by the office in providing the services.
- (c) To the extent otherwise permitted by law, the agency may delegate to the administrative law judge assigned to conduct
the hearing on behalf of the agency the authority to make a final agency decision in the matter. The final decision may
be appealed to the superior court by any party.
- (d) Nothing in this chapter may be construed to create a right to a hearing or to require a hearing that is not required
under other law.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.