- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 34. Property
- Chapter 55. Uniform Land Sales Practices Act
- Section 24. Cease and Desist Orders.
previous: Section 22
. Investigations and Proceedings.
next: Section 26
AS 34.55.024. Cease and Desist Orders.
- (a) The department may issue an order requiring the person to cease and desist from the unlawful practice and to take
affirmative action that in the judgment of the department will carry out the purposes of this chapter, if it determines
after notice and hearing that a person has
- (1) violated a provision of this chapter;
- (2) directly or through an agent or employee knowingly engaged in a false, deceptive, or misleading advertising,
promotional or sales method to offer or dispose of an interest in subdivided land;
- (3) made a substantial change in the plan of disposition and development of the subdivided land subsequent to the order of
registration without obtaining prior written approval from the department;
- (4) disposed of subdivided land that has not been registered with the department; or
- (5) violated a lawful order or regulation of the department.
- (b) If the department makes a finding of fact in writing that the public interest will be irreparably harmed by delay in
issuing an order, it may issue a temporary cease and desist order. Before issuing the temporary cease and desist order,
the department, whenever possible, by telephone or otherwise shall give notice of the proposal to issue a temporary
cease and desist order to the person. Every temporary cease and desist order must include in its terms a provision that
upon request a hearing will be held within 10 days to determine whether or not it becomes permanent.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.