Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 8. Business and Professions
- Chapter 18. Construction Contractors and Home Inspectors
- Section 125. Administrative Fine and Procedure.
previous: Section 123
. Denial, Suspension, and Revocation of Endorsement or Home Inspector Registration.
next: Section 130
. [Repealed, Sec. 1 Ch 100 SLA 1968].
AS 08.18.125. Administrative Fine and Procedure.
- (a) Notwithstanding any other remedy available under this chapter and except as provided in (e) of this section, the department may impose an administrative fine of not more than $1,000 for the first violation and not more than $1,500 for a second or subsequent violation of either AS 08.18.011 or 08.18.025.
- (b) The department shall issue a written notice of an administrative fine imposed under (a) of this section, together with a statement of the reason for the fine, a copy of the applicable procedures, and notice of an opportunity to request a hearing, including the contact information for making the request, within 30 days after the date of the notice of the fine
- (c) If a person who is issued a notice of an administrative fine under (b) of this section fails to request a hearing within 30 days after the date of the notice, the right to a hearing is waived, and the administrative fine is not subject to judicial review. A hearing request must be in writing and must clearly state the issues to be raised at the hearing. The department shall schedule a hearing before a hearing officer not earlier than 10 days after receiving the request for a hearing.
- (d) A decision of a hearing officer under this section is a final administrative decision subject to review by a superior court under AS 44.62 (Administrative Procedure Act).
- (e) The department may not impose an administrative fine on a person who is acting as a contractor or home inspector in an area with a population of 1,000 or less that is not connected by road or rail to Anchorage or Fairbanks.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.