- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 36. Public Contracts
- Chapter 30. State Procurement Code
- Section 627. Construction Contract Claim Appeals.
previous: Section 625
. Appeal On a Contract Claim.
next: Section 629
. Subpoenas and Discovery.
AS 36.30.627. Construction Contract Claim Appeals.
- (a) An appeal from a decision of the procurement officer of a claim involving a construction contract shall be resolved by
- (1) binding and final arbitration under AS 09.43.010
- 09.43.180 (Uniform Arbitration Act) if the claim is
- (A) less than $250,000 and the contractor requests arbitration of the claim; or
- (B) $250,000 or more and both the agency and the contractor agree to arbitration of the claim; or
- (2) a hearing under AS 36.30.630
if the claim is not handled by arbitration under (1) of this subsection.
- (b) In this section, a claim includes all issues, causes of action, and controversies arising from a construction contract
for which a contractor or the contracting agency asserts compensation is due.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.