Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 21. Insurance
- Chapter 36. Trade Practices and Frauds
previous: Section 900
next: Section 10
Chapter 36. Trade Practices and Frauds
- Section 10. Purpose.
- Section 20. Unfair Methods, Deceptive Acts Prohibited.
- Section 25. Unfair Marketing Practices Prohibited.
- Section 30. Misrepresentation and False Advertising of Insurance Policies.
- Section 35. Prohibited Advertisements and Representations. [Repealed, Sec. 46 Ch 119 SLA 2000].
- Section 40. False Information, Advertising.
- Section 45. Notice of Limited Motor Vehicle Insurance.
- Section 50. Twisting Prohibited.
- Section 55. Violation of Viatical Settlement Provisions Prohibited.
- Section 60. False or Misleading Financial Statements.
- Section 65. Limitation on Owner Controlled and Contractor Controlled Insurance Programs.
- Section 70. Defamation.
- Section 80. Boycott, Coercion, and Intimidation.
- Section 90. Unfair Discrimination.
- Section 95. Coverage of Children.
- Section 100. Rebates.
- Section 110. Exceptions to Discrimination and Rebates.
- Section 120. Unfair Discrimination and Rebates Prohibited in Property and Casualty Insurance.
- Section 122. Premium Financing.
- Section 125. Unfair Claim Settlement Practices.
- Section 128. Prompt Payment of Health Care Insurance Claims.
- Section 130. Stock Operations and Advisory Board Contracts.
- Section 140. Desist Orders For Prohibited Practices. [Repealed, Sec. 11 Ch 163 SLA 1976].
- Section 145. Unfair Financial Planning Practices.
- Section 150. Procedures as to Undefined Practices.
- Section 155. Health Discount Plans.
- Section 160. Right of Debtor or Borrower to Select Insurance Producer and Insurer.
- Section 162. Nondisclosure of Personal Financial and Personal Health Information.
- Section 164. Licensing of Persons in a Financial Institution.
- Section 165. Anticoercion and Antitying.
- Section 167. Misrepresentation in Financial Institution Sales.
- Section 168. Disclosures Required in Financial Institution Sales.
- Section 169. Definitions For AS 21.36.164
- Section 170. Interlocking Ownership, Management.
- Section 180. Illegal Dealing in Premiums. [Repealed, Sec. 22 Ch 149 SLA 1984].
- Section 185. Maintenance of Complaint Handling Records.
- Section 190. Fictitious Groups.
- Section 195. Surplus Lines Brokers and Insurance Producers; Prohibited Acts.
- Section 200. False Applications, Claims, Proofs of Loss. [Repealed, Sec. 22 Ch 149 SLA 1984].
- Section 210. Limits On Cancellation.
- Section 212. Prohibited Denial of Claim For Causation.
- Section 220. Notice of Cancellation.
- Section 230. Statement of Reasons. [Repealed, Sec. 47 Ch 29 SLA 1987].
- Section 235. Notice of Premium or Coverage Changes Upon Renewal.
- Section 240. Failure to Renew.
- Section 250. Notice of Eligibility.
- Section 255. Premium Return or Credit.
- Section 260. Proof and Method of Mailing Notice.
- Section 270. Effect of Failure to Comply.
- Section 280. Immunity of Insurer, Director, and Informer.
- Section 290. Policy Period.
- Section 300. Applicability of AS 21.36.210
- Section 305. Premium Increases On Personal Automobile Insurance Policies.
- Section 307. Effect of Overweight Vehicle Offenses on Personal Automobile Insurance.
- Section 310. Definitions.
- Section 320. Hearings and Order On Violation.
- Section 330. Injunctive Relief.
- Section 340. Provisions of This Chapter Additional to Other Law.
- Section 350. Regulations Relating to Claim Settlement Practices.
- Section 355. Felony Convictions Involving Dishonesty or Breach of Trust.
- Section 360. Fraudulent or Criminal Insurance Acts.
- Section 365. Immunity For Reports On Fraud.
- Section 370. Exception For Collection of Certain Charges.
- Section 380. Notice On Claim Form.
- Section 390. Notice to Director.
- Section 400. Confidentiality.
- Section 410. Out-of-State Investigations.
- Section 420. Premium Increases On Automobile Insurance Policies. [Repealed, Sec. 112 Ch 62 SLA 1995].
- Section 430. Insurance For Domestic Violence Victims and Providers of Services to Victims; Records.
- Section 440. Required Disclosure For Failure to Provide Coverage to An Applicant.
- Section 450. Definition of Insurer.
- Section 460. Uses of and Restrictions On Credit History or Insurance Scoring Applicable to Personal Insurance.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.