Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 21. Insurance
- Chapter 36. Trade Practices and Frauds
- Section 390. Notice to Director.
previous: Section 380
. Notice On Claim Form.
next: Section 400
AS 21.36.390. Notice to Director.
- (a) An insurer or licensee that has reason to believe that a fraudulent claim has been made against it shall send the
director a report disclosing information that the director may require.
- (b) An insurer or licensee that has reason to believe that an insurance producer with which it is doing business is
involved in a defalcation, embezzlement, or violation of the provisions of AS 21.36.360 shall immediately send the director a report
disclosing the basis for that belief and any other information that the director may require.
- (c) An insurer or licensee, its employee or agent, or another person acting in good faith is not civilly liable for
damages resulting from the filing of the report or the furnishing of information required by this section or by the
- (d) The director shall investigate facts reported under this section and shall refer facts indicating a violation of law
to the appropriate prosecutor or agency.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.