Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 21. Insurance
- Chapter 36. Trade Practices and Frauds
- Section 30. Misrepresentation and False Advertising of Insurance Policies.
previous: Section 25
. Unfair Marketing Practices Prohibited.
next: Section 35
. Prohibited Advertisements and Representations. [Repealed, Sec. 46 Ch 119 SLA 2000].
AS 21.36.030. Misrepresentation and False Advertising of Insurance Policies.
- (a) A person may not make, issue, circulate, broadcast, or have made, issued, circulated, or broadcast an estimate,
circular, statement, illustration, comparison, assertion, or other written, electronic, or oral presentation that
- (1) misrepresents the benefits, advantages, conditions, sponsorship, source, or terms of an insurance policy or a
health discount plan;
- (2) misrepresents the dividends or share of the surplus to be received on an insurance policy;
- (3) misrepresents an insurance policy as being a share or shares of stock;
- (4) makes a false or misleading statement as to the dividends or shares of the surplus previously paid on an insurance
- (5) misrepresents or makes a misleading statement as to the financial condition of an insurer or as to the legal reserve
system upon which a life insurer operates;
- (6) uses a name or title of an insurance policy or class of insurance policies misrepresenting its true nature;
- (7) is a misrepresentation for the purpose of inducing, or that tends to induce the lapse, forfeiture, exchange,
conversion, or surrender of an insurance policy;
- (8) is a misrepresentation for the purpose of effecting or tending to effect a pledge or assignment of or loan against an
- (9) appears to be an actual policy for a named individual when it is merely an advertisement;
- (10) does not clearly designate the name of the insurer providing the coverage or about which the statements are made;
- (11) is in any other way misleading, false, or deceptive;
- (12) misrepresents a health discount plan as a form or type of insurance;
- (13) describes a health discount plan using common insurance terminology; or
- (14) misrepresents that a health discount plan is underwritten by or associated with an insurer.
- (b) In this section, "misrepresentation" includes any statement or omission of a statement that when taken in the context
of the whole presentation may tend to mislead or deceive the person or persons addressed.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.