Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 21. Insurance
- Chapter 36. Trade Practices and Frauds
- Section 167. Misrepresentation in Financial Institution Sales.
previous: Section 165
. Anticoercion and Antitying.
next: Section 168
. Disclosures Required in Financial Institution Sales.
AS 21.36.167. Misrepresentation in Financial Institution Sales.
In the sale of insurance by a financial institution, a person may not engage in any practice or use an advertisement
that may tend to mislead or deceive a consumer or cause a consumer to erroneously believe that
- (1) the insurance is backed by or a return on the insurance is guaranteed by the state, the federal government, the
person, or the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation;
- (2) the state or federal government
- (A) will pay a claim under an insurance contract that is an obligation of or was sold by the person;
- (B) is responsible for the insurance sales activities of the person; or
- (C) guarantees the credit of the person;
- (3) for insurance that contains investment risk, the insurance does not contain investment risk, the principal may not be
lost, or the value of the insurance may not decline;
- (4) the lending of money, extension of credit, or a renewal of a loan is conditioned on the purchase of insurance from the
person and that insurance may not be purchased from another source.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.