Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 14. Education, Libraries, and Museums
- Chapter 20. Teachers and School Personnel
previous: Section 110
. Effect of Chapter.
next: Section 10
. Teacher Certificate Required.
Chapter 20. Teachers and School Personnel
- Section 10. Teacher Certificate Required.
- Section 15. Recognition of Certificates of Out-of-State Teachers.
- Section 17. Grace Period For Issuance of Regular Teacher Certificates to Previously Certificated Teachers.
- Section 20. Requirements For Issuance of Certificate; Fingerprints.
- Section 22. Subject-Matter Expert Limited Teacher Certificate.
- Section 25. Limited Teacher Certificates.
- Section 27. Reporting of and Access to Social Security Numbers.
- Section 30. Causes For Revocation and Suspension.
- Section 35. Evaluation of Training and Experience.
- Section 40. Applicability of the Administrative Procedure Act.
- Section 90. Revocation of Certificates. [Repealed, Sec. 59 Ch 98 SLA 1966].
- Section 95. Right to Comment and Criticize Not to Be Restricted.
- Section 97. Duty-Free Time.
- Section 100. Unlawful to Require Statement of Religious or Political Affiliation.
- Section 110. Penalty For Violation of AS 14.20.100
- Section 120. Statement of Qualifications.
- Section 130. Employment of Teachers and Administrators.
- Section 135. Employment of Retired Teachers Because of Shortages.
- Section 140. Notification of Lay Off or Nonretention.
- Section 145. Automatic Reemployment.
- Section 147. Transfer or Absorption of Attendance Area or Federal Agency School.
- Section 148. Intradistrict Teacher Reassignments.
- Section 149. Employee Evaluation.
- Section 150. Acquisition and Reacquisition of Tenure Rights.
- Section 155. Effect of Tenure Rights.
- Section 158. Continued Contract Provisions.
- Section 160. Loss of Tenure Rights.
- Section 165. Restoration of Tenure Rights.
- Section 170. Dismissal.
- Section 175. Nonretention.
- Section 177. Reductions in Force.
- Section 180. Procedures Upon Notice of Dismissal or Nonretention.
- Section 185. - 14.20.200l Procedure and Hearing; Appeals. [Repealed, Sec. 59 Ch 98 SLA 1966].
- Section 205. Judicial Review. [Repealed, Sec. 14 Ch 31 SLA 1996].
- Section 207. [Renumbered as AS 14.20.215
- Section 210. Authority of School Board or Department to Adopt Bylaws.
- Section 215. Definitions.
- Section 220. School Experience For Salary Scales.
- Section 230. Administrators' Salaries. [Repealed, Sec. 52 Ch 6 SLA 1984].
- Section 240. - 14.20.270l Salaries; Reimbursement By State to School Districts; Limitation On Higher Salaries Not Prohibited; Determination of Number of Teachers, Superintendents, Principals and Vice Principals For Which District Entitled to Reimbursement. [Repealed, Sec. 6 Ch 229 SLA 1970].
- Section 275. Definitions. [Repealed, Sec. 52 Ch 6 SLA 1984].
- Section 280. Basis of Leave.
- Section 290. Application.
- Section 300. Selection of Teachers.
- Section 310. Number of Teachers On Sabbatical Leave; Compensation.
- Section 320. Responsibility of Teacher.
- Section 330. Position, Tenure, and Retirement.
- Section 340. Military Service and Previous Leaves of Absence.
- Section 345. Leave of Absence Without Pay.
- Section 350. Definition.
- Section 370. Teaching Profession.
- Section 380. Creation of a Commission.
- Section 390. Appointment and Qualifications.
- Section 400. Composition of the Commission.
- Section 410. Selection of Members.
- Section 420. Term of Office.
- Section 430. Dismissal.
- Section 440. Reimbursement.
- Section 450. Responsibilities of Commission.
- Section 460. Duties of Commission.
- Section 470. Powers of Commission.
- Section 475. Applicability of the Administrative Procedure Act.
- Section 480. Effect of Standards.
- Section 500. Support.
- Section 510. Short Title.
- Section 550. - 14.20.610l Negotiation and Mediation. [Repealed, Sec. 10 Ch 1 SLA 1992. For Current Provisions On Teacher Negotiations, See AS 23.40].
- Section 620. Entry Into Agreement.
- Section 630. Terms and Provisions of Agreement.
- Section 640. Designated State Official to Make Contracts.
- Section 650. Filing and Publishing of Contracts.
- Section 680. Required Alcohol and Drug Related Disabilities Training.
Article 01. TEACHER CERTIFICATION
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.