Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 14. Education, Libraries, and Museums
- Chapter 20. Teachers and School Personnel
- Section 680. Required Alcohol and Drug Related Disabilities Training.
previous: Section 650
. Filing and Publishing of Contracts.
next: Chapter 25
. Teachers' Retirement
AS 14.20.680. Required Alcohol and Drug Related Disabilities Training.
- (a) A school district or regional educational attendance area shall train each teacher, administrator, counselor, and
specialist on the needs of individual students who have alcohol or drug related disabilities. The training must
utilize the best available educational technology and include an overview of medical and psychological characteristics
associated with alcohol or drug related disabilities, family issues, and the specific educational needs of students
with alcohol or drug related disabilities.
- (b) A newly hired teacher, administrator, counselor, or specialist who has not previously received the training required
under (a) of this section shall receive the required training within 45 days after the first day the teacher,
administrator, counselor, or specialist begins to work.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.