Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 14. Education, Libraries, and Museums
- Chapter 20. Teachers and School Personnel
- Section 330. Position, Tenure, and Retirement.
previous: Section 320
. Responsibility of Teacher.
next: Section 340
. Military Service and Previous Leaves of Absence.
AS 14.20.330. Position, Tenure, and Retirement.
- (a) Unless it is otherwise agreed, a teacher returning from sabbatical leave shall return to the position occupied by that
teacher when the sabbatical leave began.
- (b) A sabbatical leave is not an interruption of the continuous service necessary to attain or retain tenure under AS 14.20.150
, 14.20.155, or 14.20.160. However, the time spent on sabbatical leave
may not be counted in determining when a teacher has sufficient service to enable the teacher to acquire tenure rights.
- (c) A sabbatical leave is not a break in service for retirement purposes. Payment into the retirement fund shall be made
on the basis of full salary.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.