Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 14. Education, Libraries, and Museums
- Chapter 20. Teachers and School Personnel
- Section 140. Notification of Lay Off or Nonretention.
previous: Section 135
. Employment of Retired Teachers Because of Shortages.
next: Section 145
. Automatic Reemployment.
AS 14.20.140. Notification of Lay Off or Nonretention.
- (a) If a teacher who has acquired tenure rights is to be laid off under AS 14.20.177
or is not to be retained for the following school year, the employer shall notify the teacher of the layoff or
nonretention by writing, delivered before March 16, or by registered mail postmarked before March 16.
- (b) If a teacher who has not acquired tenure rights is to be laid off under AS 14.20.177
or is not to be retained for the following school year the employer shall notify the teacher of the layoff or
nonretention by writing delivered on or before the last day of the school term or by registered mail postmarked on or
before the last day of the school term.
- (c) Notwithstanding a teacher's right to continued employment under AS 39.20.500 - 39.20.550, a school district may notify a teacher of
layoff or nonretention under this section for the following school year for a permissible reason.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.