Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 14. Education, Libraries, and Museums
- Chapter 20. Teachers and School Personnel
- Section 470. Powers of Commission.
previous: Section 460
. Duties of Commission.
next: Section 475
. Applicability of the Administrative Procedure Act.
AS 14.20.470. Powers of Commission.
- (a) The commission may
- (1) study proposals developed by regular committees of any existing professional organization whose members are within the
- (2) subpoena witnesses, place them under oath, and maintain written records;
- (3) warn or reprimand members of the teaching profession, if in the judgment of the commission such action is warranted;
- (4) suspend or revoke the certificate of a member of the teaching profession for one of the reasons set out in AS 14.20.030
except that in the case of an administrator, the commissioner must concur;
- (5) make any recommendation to the board or to school boards that will promote an improvement in the teaching profession;
- (6) request assistance through any of the investigative processes of any existing professional teaching organizations when
analyzing charges of breach of ethical or professional teaching practices;
- (7) appoint an executive secretary, delegate those ministerial functions to the executive secretary as the commission may
decide and set the executive secretary's compensation with a starting salary not exceeding range 26, step B of the pay
plan for state employees in AS 39.27.011(a).
- (b) A decision issued by the commission with the approval of the commissioner under (a) (4) of this section is final.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.