Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 14. Education, Libraries, and Museums
- Chapter 20. Teachers and School Personnel
- Section 410. Selection of Members.
previous: Section 400
. Composition of the Commission.
next: Section 420
. Term of Office.
AS 14.20.410. Selection of Members.
- (a) Members of the commission shall be selected as follows:
- (1) the five classroom teachers from lists of names submitted by recognized Alaska teachers' organizations, each list not
to exceed 12 names; however, in lieu of one of the five, one classroom teacher may be selected from a list of not more
than four names signed and submitted by not less than 25 teachers who have no affiliation with any organization
qualified to submit nomination lists, with the limitation that no teacher may sign more than one list in any year;
- (2) the principal from a list of three names submitted by the Alaska Principals Association;
- (3) the superintendent from a list of three names submitted by the Superintendents Advisory Commission;
- (4) the representative of the office of the commissioner from a list of three names submitted by the commissioner;
- (5) the representative of an Alaska institution of higher learning from lists of names submitted by Alaska institutions of
higher learning, each list not to exceed three names.
- (b) The lists shall be submitted to the commissioner who shall submit them as a group to the governor's office.
- (c) At least 30 days before a position on the commission is due to become vacant, the chairman shall cause notice of the
impending vacancy to be published and to be conveyed to each organized group eligible to submit a list of nominees.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.