Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 13. Decedents' Estates, Guardianships, Transfers, and Trusts.
- Chapter 12. Intestacy, Wills, and Donative Transfers
previous: Chapter 11
. Intestate Succession and Wills
next: Section 101
. Intestate Estate.
Chapter 12. Intestacy, Wills, and Donative Transfers
- Section 101. Intestate Estate.
- Section 102. Share of Spouse.
- Section 103. Share of Heirs Other Than Surviving Spouse.
- Section 104. Requirement That Heir Survive Decedent For 120 Hours.
- Section 105. No Taker.
- Section 106. Representation.
- Section 107. Kindred of Half Blood.
- Section 108. After-Born Heirs.
- Section 109. Advancements.
- Section 110. Debts to Decedent.
- Section 111. Alienage.
- Section 113. Individuals Related to Decedent Through Two Lines.
- Section 114. Parent and Child Relationship.
- Section 201. Definitions.
- Section 202. Elective Share.
- Section 203. Composition of the Augmented Estate.
- Section 204. Decedent's Net Probate Estate.
- Section 205. Decedent's Nonprobate Transfers to Others.
- Section 206. Decedent's Nonprobate Transfers to the Surviving Spouse.
- Section 207. Surviving Spouse's Property and Nonprobate Transfers to Others.
- Section 208. Exclusions, Valuation, and Overlapping Application.
- Section 209. Sources From Which Elective Share Payable.
- Section 210. Personal Liability of Recipients.
- Section 211. Proceeding For Elective Share; Time Limit.
- Section 212. Right of Election Personal to Surviving Spouse; Incapacitated Surviving Spouse.
- Section 213. Waiver of Right to Elect and of Other Rights.
- Section 214. Protection of Payors and Other Third Parties.
- Section 301. Entitlement of Spouse; Premarital Will.
- Section 302. Omitted Children.
- Section 401. Applicable Law.
- Section 402. Homestead Allowance.
- Section 403. Exempt Property.
- Section 404. Family Allowance.
- Section 405. Source, Determination, and Documentation.
- Section 501. Who May Make Will.
- Section 502. Execution; Witnessed Wills; Holographic Wills.
- Section 504. Self-Proved Will.
- Section 505. Who May Witness.
- Section 506. Choice of Law as to Execution.
- Section 507. Revocation By Writing or By Act.
- Section 508. Revocation By Change of Circumstances.
- Section 509. Revival of Revoked Will.
- Section 510. Incorporation By Reference.
- Section 511. Testamentary Additions to Trusts.
- Section 512. Events of Independent Significance.
- Section 513. Separate Writing Identifying Devise of Certain Types of Tangible Personal Property.
- Section 514. Contracts Concerning Succession.
- Section 515. Deposit of Will With Court in Testator's Lifetime.
- Section 516. Duty of Custodian of Will; Liability.
- Section 517. Penalty Clause For Contest.
- Section 601. Scope.
- Section 602. Will May Pass All Property and After-Acquired Property.
- Section 603. Antilapse; Deceased Devisee; Class Gifts.
- Section 604. Failure of Testamentary Provision.
- Section 605. Increase in Securities; Accessions.
- Section 606. Nonademption of Specific Devises; Unpaid Proceeds of Sale, Condemnation, or Insurance; Sale By Conservator or Agent.
- Section 607. Nonexoneration.
- Section 608. Exercise of Power of Appointment.
- Section 609. Ademption By Satisfaction.
- Section 701. Scope.
- Section 702. Requirement of Survival By 120 Hours.
- Section 703. Choice of Law as to Meaning and Effect of Governing Instrument.
- Section 704. Power of Appointment; Meaning of Specific Reference Requirement.
- Section 705. Class Gifts Construed to Accord With Intestate Succession.
- Section 706. Life Insurance; Retirement Plan; Account With Pay On Death Designation; Transfer On Death Registration; Deceased Beneficiary.
- Section 707. Survivorship With Respect to Future Interests Under Terms of Trust; Substitute Takers.
- Section 708. Class Gifts to "Descendants," "Issue," or "Heirs of the Body"; Form of Distribution If None Specified.
- Section 709. Representation; Per Capita at Each Generation; Per Stirpes.
- Section 710. Worthier-Title Doctrine Abolished.
- Section 711. Interests in Heirs and Other Persons.
- Section 712. Nonademption of Specific Transfers in Trust; Unpaid Proceeds of Sale, Condemnation, or Insurance; Sale By Conservator or Agent.
- Section 720. Family-Owned Business Deduction.
- Section 801. Disclaimer of Property Interests.
- Section 802. Effect of Divorce, Annulment, and Decree of Separation.
- Section 803. Effect of Homicide On Intestate Succession, Wills, Trusts, Joint Assets, Life Insurance, and Beneficiary Designations.
- Section 804. Revocation of Probate and Nonprobate Transfers By Divorce; No Revocation By Other Changes of Circumstances.
- Section 907. Honorary Trusts; Trusts For Pets.
- Section 912. International Will; Validity.
- Section 913. International Will; Requirements.
- Section 914. International Will; Other Points of Form.
- Section 915. International Will; Certificate.
- Section 916. International Will; Effect of Certificate.
- Section 917. International Will; Revocation.
- Section 918. Source and Construction.
- Section 919. Persons Authorized to Act in Relation to International Will; Eligibility; Recognition By Authorizing Agency.
- Section 920. International Will Information Registration.
- Section 921. Definitions For AS 13.12.912
Article 01. INTESTATE SUCCESSION
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.