Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 13. Decedents' Estates, Guardianships, Transfers, and Trusts.
- Chapter 12. Intestacy, Wills, and Donative Transfers
- Section 502. Execution; Witnessed Wills; Holographic Wills.
previous: Section 501
. Who May Make Will.
next: Section 504
. Self-Proved Will.
AS 13.12.502. Execution; Witnessed Wills; Holographic Wills.
- (a) Except as provided in (b) of this section, AS 13.06.068
, AS 13.12.506, and 13.12.513, a will must be
- (1) in writing;
- (2) signed by the testator or in the testator's name by another individual in the testator's conscious presence and by the
testator's direction; and
- (3) signed by at least two individuals, each of whom signs within a reasonable time after the witness witnesses either the
signing of the will as described in (2) of this subsection or the testator's acknowledgment of that signature or the
- (b) Except as provided in AS 13.06.068
, a will that does not comply with (a) of this section is valid as a holographic will, whether or not witnessed, if the
signature and material portions of the document are in the testator's handwriting.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.