Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 13. Decedents' Estates, Guardianships, Transfers, and Trusts.
- Chapter 12. Intestacy, Wills, and Donative Transfers
- Section 605. Increase in Securities; Accessions.
previous: Section 604
. Failure of Testamentary Provision.
next: Section 606
. Nonademption of Specific Devises; Unpaid Proceeds of Sale, Condemnation, or Insurance; Sale By Conservator or Agent.
AS 13.12.605. Increase in Securities; Accessions.
- (a) If a testator executes a will that devises securities and the testator then owned securities that meet the description
in the will, the devise includes additional securities that are owned by the testator at death to the extent the
additional securities were acquired by the testator after the will was executed as a result of the testator's ownership
of the described securities and that are securities of
- (1) the same organization acquired by reason of action initiated by the organization or a successor, related, or acquiring
organization, excluding securities acquired by exercise of purchase options;
- (2) another organization acquired as a result of a merger, consolidation, reorganization, or other distribution by the
organization or a successor, related, or acquiring organization; or
- (3) the same organization acquired as a result of a plan of reinvestment.
- (b) Distributions in cash before death with respect to a described security are not part of the devise.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.