Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 13. Decedents' Estates, Guardianships, Transfers, and Trusts.
- Chapter 12. Intestacy, Wills, and Donative Transfers
- Section 703. Choice of Law as to Meaning and Effect of Governing Instrument.
previous: Section 702
. Requirement of Survival By 120 Hours.
next: Section 704
. Power of Appointment; Meaning of Specific Reference Requirement.
AS 13.12.703. Choice of Law as to Meaning and Effect of Governing Instrument.
- (a) The meaning and legal effect of a governing instrument is determined by the local law of the state selected in the
governing instrument, unless the application of that law is contrary to the provisions relating to the elective share
described in AS 13.12.201
- 13.12.214, the provisions relating to exempt
property and allowances described in AS 13.12.401
- 13.12.405, or other public policy of this state
otherwise applicable to the disposition.
- (b) The provisions of (a) of this section are subject to AS 13.06.068
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.