Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 13. Decedents' Estates, Guardianships, Transfers, and Trusts.
- Chapter 12. Intestacy, Wills, and Donative Transfers
- Section 609. Ademption By Satisfaction.
previous: Section 608
. Exercise of Power of Appointment.
next: Section 701
AS 13.12.609. Ademption By Satisfaction.
- (a) Property a testator gave in the testator's lifetime to a person is treated as a satisfaction of a devise in whole or
in part, only if
- (1) the will provides for deduction of the gift;
- (2) the testator declared in a contemporaneous writing that the gift is in satisfaction of the devise or that its value is
to be deducted from the value of the devise; or
- (3) the devisee acknowledged in writing that the gift is in satisfaction of the devise or that its value is to be deducted
from the value of the devise.
- (b) For purposes of partial satisfaction, property given during lifetime is valued as of the time the devisee came into
possession or enjoyment of the property or at the testator's death, whichever occurs first.
- (c) If the devisee fails to survive the testator, the gift is treated as a full or partial satisfaction of the devise, as
appropriate, in applying AS 13.12.603
and 13.12.604, unless the testator's contemporaneous
writing provides otherwise.
Article 07. RULES OF CONSTRUCTION APPLICABLE TO WILLS AND OTHER GOVERNING INSTRUMENTS
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.