Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 13. Decedents' Estates, Guardianships, Transfers, and Trusts.
- Chapter 12. Intestacy, Wills, and Donative Transfers
- Section 101. Intestate Estate.
previous: Chapter 12
. Intestacy, Wills, and Donative Transfers
next: Section 102
. Share of Spouse.
AS 13.12.101. Intestate Estate.
- (a) A part of a decedent's estate not effectively disposed of by will passes by intestate succession to the decedent's
heirs as prescribed in AS 13.06 - AS 13.36, except as modified by the decedent's will.
- (b) A decedent by will may expressly exclude or limit the right of an individual or class to succeed to property of the
decedent passing by intestate succession. If that individual or a member of that class survives the decedent, the share
of the decedent's intestate estate to which that individual or class would have succeeded passes as if that individual
or each member of that class had disclaimed the intestate share of the individual or member.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.