Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 13. Decedents' Estates, Guardianships, Transfers, and Trusts.
- Chapter 12. Intestacy, Wills, and Donative Transfers
- Section 114. Parent and Child Relationship.
previous: Section 113
. Individuals Related to Decedent Through Two Lines.
next: Section 201
AS 13.12.114. Parent and Child Relationship.
- (a) Except as provided in (b) - (d) of this section, for purposes of intestate succession by, through, or from a person,
an individual is the child of the individual's natural parents, regardless of their marital status, and the parent and
child relationship may be established as indicated under AS 25.20.050
- (b) An adopted individual is the child of the individual's adopting parent or parents and not of the individual's natural
parents, but adoption of a child by the spouse of either natural parent does not affect
- (1) the relationship between the child and that natural parent; or
- (2) the right of the child or a descendant of the child to inherit from or through the other natural parent.
- (c) Inheritance from or through a child by either natural parent or the natural parent's kindred is precluded unless that
natural parent has openly treated the child as the natural parent's child, and has not refused to support the child.
- (d) To the extent there is a conflict between this section and either AS 25.20.050
or AS 25.23.130
, this section controls.
Article 02. ELECTIVE SHARE OF SURVIVING SPOUSE
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.