- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 39. Public Officers and Employees
- Chapter 50. Public Official Financial Disclosure
- Section 200. Definitions.
previous: Section 150
. Initial Filing Date For Public Officials. [Repealed, Sec. 60 Ch 21 SLA 1985].
next: Chapter 51
. Incentive Award Program and Miscellaneous Provisions
AS 39.50.200. Definitions.
- (a) In this chapter,
- (1) "assistant to the governor or the lieutenant governor" includes any executive, legislative, special, administrative,
or press assistant to the governor or lieutenant governor, and any person similarly employed in a policy-making
- (2) "child" includes a biological child, an adoptive child, and a stepchild;
- (3) "commission" means the Alaska Public Offices Commission created under AS 15.13.020
- (4) "domestic partner" means a person who is cohabiting with another person in a relationship that is like a marriage but
that is not a legal marriage;
- (5) "instrumentality of the state" means a state department or agency, whether in the legislative, judicial, or executive
branch, including the University of Alaska;
- (6) "judicial officer" means a person appointed as a justice to the supreme court or as a judge to the court of appeals,
superior court, district court, or magistrate court;
- (7) "mother or father" includes a biological parent, an adoptive parent, and a step-parent;
- (8) "municipal officer" includes a borough or city mayor, borough assemblyman, city councilman, school board member,
elected utility board member, city or borough manager, members of a city or borough planning or zoning commission
within a home rule or general law city or borough, or a unified municipality;
- (9) "public official" means
- (A) a judicial officer;
- (B) the governor or the lieutenant governor;
- (C) a person hired or appointed in a department in the executive branch as
- (i) the head or deputy head of the department;
- (ii) the director or deputy director of a division;
- (iii) a special assistant to the head of the department;
- (iv) a person serving as the legislative liaison for the department;
- (D) an assistant to the governor or the lieutenant governor;
- (E) the chair or a member of a state commission or board;
- (F) state investment officers and the state comptroller in the Department of Revenue;
- (G) the chief procurement officer appointed under AS 36.30.010 ;
- (H) the executive director of the Alaska Workforce Investment Board; and
- (I) each appointed or elected municipal officer;
- (J) the members of the board of trustees, the executive director, and the investment officers of
the Alaska Permanent Fund Corporation;
- (10) "source of income" means the entity for which service is performed or that is otherwise the origin of payment; if the
person whose income is being reported is employed by another, the employer is the source of income; but if the person
is self-employed by means of a sole proprietorship, partnership, limited liability company, professional corporation, or a corporation in which
the person, the person's spouse or domestic partner, or the person's dependent children, or a combination of them, hold
a controlling interest, the "source" is the client or customer of the proprietorship, partnership, limited liability company, or corporation, but,
if the entity that is the origin of payment is not the same as the client or customer for whom the service is
performed, both are considered the source.
- (b) In this chapter "state commission or board" means the
- (1) [Repealed, Sec. 30 ch 81 SLA 2000].
- (2) Alaska State Council on the Arts (AS 44.27.040
- (3) Alcoholic Beverage Control Board (AS 04.06.010
- (4) State Assessment Review Board (AS 43.56.040
- (5) [Repealed, Sec. 1 ch 54 SLA 1981].
- (6) Board of Education and Early Development (AS 14.07.075
- (7) Alaska Public Broadcasting Commission (AS 44.21.256
- (8) Alaska Public Offices Commission (AS 15.13.020
- (9) [Repealed, Sec. 16 ch 61 SLA 1995].
- (10) Alaska Commercial Fisheries Entry Commission (AS 16.43.020
- (11) Fishermen's Fund Advisory and Appeals Council (AS 23.35.010
- (12) [Repealed, Sec. 140 ch 4 FSSLA 1992].
- (13) State Commission for Human Rights (AS 18.80.010
- (14) [Repealed, Sec. 86 ch 59 SLA 1982].
- (15) Alaska Judicial Council (art. IV, Sec. 8, Alaska Constitution);
- (16) Commission on Judicial Conduct (art. IV, Sec. 10, Alaska Constitution);
- (17) [Repealed, Sec. 24 ch 22 SLA 2001].
- (18) Local Boundary Commission (AS 44.33.810
- (19) Occupational Safety and Health Review Board (AS 18.60.057
- (20) Board of Parole (AS 33.16.020
- (21) State Personnel Board (AS 39.25.060
- (22) [Repealed, Sec. 20 ch 110 SLA 1981].
- (23) [Repealed, Sec. 132 ch 9 FSSLA 2005].
- (24) Regulatory Commission of Alaska (AS 42.04.010
- (25) University of Alaska Board of Regents (AS 14.40.120
- (26) Alaska Royalty Oil and Gas Development Advisory Board (AS 38.06.020);
- (27), (28) [Repealed, Sec. 86 ch 59 SLA 1982].
- (29) [Repealed, Sec. 132 ch 9 FSSLA 2005].
- (30) [Repealed, 1983 Initiative Proposal No. 2, Sec. 6].
- (31) Workers' Compensation Board (AS 23.30.005
) and Worker's Compensation Appeals Commission (AS 23.30.007
- (32) Alaska Commission on Postsecondary Education (AS 14.42.015
- (33) Alaska Municipal Bond Bank Authority (AS 44.85.020
- (34) [Repealed, Sec. 1 ch 54 SLA 1981].
- (35) Alaska Medical Facility Authority (AS 18.26);
- (36) Alaska Oil and Gas Conservation Commission (AS 31.05);
- (37) Alaska Housing Finance Corporation (AS 18.56.010
- (38) [Repealed, Sec. 44 ch 24 SLA 2003].
- (39) [Repealed, Sec. 4 ch 75 SLA 1979].
- (40) Board of Fisheries (AS 16.05.221
- (41) Board of Game (AS 16.05.221
- (42) Alaska Permanent Fund Corporation (AS 37.13.040
- (43) [Repealed, Sec. 69 ch 14 SLA 1987].
- (44) Alaska Seafood Marketing Institute (AS 16.51.010
- (45) Council on Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault (AS 18.66.010
- (46) [Repealed, Sec. 27 ch 18 SLA 1993].
- (47) [Repealed, Sec. 38 ch 168 SLA 1990].
- (48) [Repealed, Sec. 16 ch 33 SLA 1996].
- (49) [Repealed, Sec. 10 ch 29 SLA 1999].
- (50) [Repealed, Sec. 9 E.O. No. 84 (1993)].
- (51) [Repealed, Sec. 102 ch 21 SLA 2000].
- (52) [Repealed, Sec. 10 ch 58 SLA 2006].
- (53) the board of directors and the executive director of the Alaska Aerospace Development Corporation (AS 14.40.821
- (54) Alaska Retirement Management Board (AS 37.10.210
- (55) Alaska Workforce Investment Board (AS 23.15.550
- (56) Board of Agriculture and Conservation (AS 03.09.010
- (57) the board of directors and chief executive officer of the Alaska Natural Gas Development Authority (AS 41.41.020
- (58) Big Game Commercial Services Board (AS 08.54.591 );
- (59) Alaska Industrial Development and Export Authority (AS 44.88);
- (60) the board of directors of the Knik Arm Bridge and Toll Authority (AS 19.75.031 and 19.75.041);
- (61) Alaska labor relations agency (AS 23.05.360 - 23.05.390);
- (62) the Board of Trustees of the Alaska Mental Health Trust Authority (AS 47.30.016 );
- (63) the board of directors of the Alaska Railroad Corporation (AS 42.40.020 - 42.40.060).
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.