- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 47. Welfare, Social Services and Institutions
- Chapter 30. Mental Health
- Section 16. Membership of the Board.
previous: Section 11
. Alaska Mental Health Trust Authority.
next: Section 20
. [Repealed, Sec. 7 Ch 84 SLA 1981].
AS 47.30.016. Membership of the Board.
- (a) The authority shall be governed by its board of trustees.
- (b) The board consists of seven members appointed by the governor and confirmed by the legislature. The members appointed
under this subsection shall be appointed
- (1) based upon their ability in financial management and investment, in land management, or in services for the
beneficiaries of the trust;
- (2) after the governor has considered a list of persons prepared by a panel of six persons who are beneficiaries, or who
are the guardians, family members, or representatives of beneficiaries; the panel shall consist of
- (A) one person selected by the Alaska Mental Health Board established by AS 47.30.661
- (B) one person selected by the Governor's Council on Disabilities and Special Education;
- (C) one person selected by the Advisory Board on Alcoholism and Drug Abuse established by AS 44.29.100
- (D) one person selected by the Alaska Commission on Aging established by AS 47.45.200
- (E) one person selected by the Alaska Native Health Board; and
- (F) one person selected by the authority.
- (c) A member of the board appointed by the governor under (b) of this section may not
- (1) be an officer or employee of the state; or
- (2) within the preceding two years or during the member's term of office have an interest in, served on the governing
board of, or been employed by an organization that has received, during that same period, money from the mental health
trust settlement income account under a grant or contract for services.
- (d) A quorum of the board is four members.
- (e) A member of the board is entitled to
- (1) an honorarium of $200 for each day or any part of a day spent at a meeting of the board, at a meeting of a
subcommittee of the board, or as a representative of the board; and
- (2) per diem and travel expenses authorized for boards and commissions under AS 39.20.180
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.