- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 36. Public Contracts
- Chapter 30. State Procurement Code
- Section 10. Chief Procurement Officer.
previous: Section 5
. Centralization of Procurement Authority.
next: Section 15
. Executive Branch Agencies.
AS 36.30.010. Chief Procurement Officer.
- (a) The commissioner shall appoint to the partially exempt service the chief procurement officer of the state. The chief
procurement officer must have at least five years of prior experience in public procurement, including large scale
procurement of supplies, services, or professional services, and must be a person with demonstrated executive and
organizational ability. The chief procurement officer may be removed by the commissioner only for cause. The term of
office of the chief procurement officer is six years.
- (b) Except as otherwise specifically provided in this chapter, the chief procurement officer shall
- (1) procure or supervise the procurement of all supplies, services, and professional services needed by an agency;
- (2) exercise general supervision and control over all inventories of supplies belonging to an agency and prescribe the
manner in which supplies shall be purchased, delivered, stored, and distributed;
- (3) prescribe the time, manner, authentication, and form of making requisitions for supplies and services;
- (4) sell, trade, transfer between agencies, or otherwise dispose of surplus, obsolete, or unused supplies and make proper
adjustments in the accounts of agencies concerned;
- (5) establish and maintain programs for the inspection, testing, and acceptance of supplies and services and the testing
of samples submitted with bids;
- (6) prescribe standard forms for bids and contracts; and
- (7) provide for other matters that may be necessary to carry out the provisions of this chapter and the regulations
adopted under this chapter.
- (c) While a person performs the duties of the chief procurement officer under this chapter, the person may not be employed
in or appointed to another position with the state.
- (d) The annual salary of the chief procurement officer is range 24 of the salary schedule established in AS 39.27.011
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.