Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 23. Labor and Workers' Compensation
- Chapter 5. Department of Labor and Workforce Development
- Section 360. Alaska Labor Relations Agency.
previous: Section 340
. Actions in This State For Demands Arising in Other States.
next: Section 370
. Powers, Duties, and Functions of Alaska Labor Relations Agency.
AS 23.05.360. Alaska Labor Relations Agency.
- (a) There is established within the Department of Labor and Workforce Development the Alaska labor relations agency. The
agency is comprised of six members appointed by the governor and confirmed by the legislature. The term of office of a
member is three years. Members serve staggered terms in accordance with AS 39.05.055
. A vacancy in an unexpired term shall be filled by appointment by the governor for the remainder of the term. The
agency must include two members with a background in management, two members with a background in labor, and two
members from the general public. All members must have relevant experience in labor relations matters.
- (b) Not more than three members of the agency may be members of the same political party.
- (c) Members of the agency may be removed by the governor only for cause.
- (d) Members of the agency receive no compensation for their services, but are entitled to per diem and travel expenses
authorized for boards and commissions.
- (e) The governor shall designate a chair from the public members. The chair holds office at the pleasure of the governor.
- (f) For purposes of holding hearings, the members of the board sit in panels of three members. The chair designates the
panel that will consider a matter. Each panel must include a representative of management, a representative of labor,
and a representative from the general public. A member of one panel may serve on the other panel when the chair
considers it necessary for the prompt administration of AS 23.40.070 - 23.40.260 (Public Employment Relations Act) or AS 42.40 (Alaska Railroad Corporation Act).
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.