- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 44. State Government
- Chapter 62. Administrative Procedure Act
- Section 330. Application of AS 44.62.330
previous: Section 320
. Submittal for Legislative Review.
next: Section 340
. Delegation of Power By Agencies.
AS 44.62.330. Application of AS 44.62.330
- (a) The procedure of the state boards, commissions, and officers listed in this subsection or of their successors by
reorganization under the constitution shall be conducted under AS 44.62.330
- 44.62.630. This procedure, including, but not
limited to, accusations and statements of issues, service, notice and time and place of hearing, subpoenas,
depositions, matters concerning evidence and decisions, conduct of hearing, judicial review and scope of judicial
review, continuances, reconsideration, reinstatement or reduction of penalty, contempt, mail vote, oaths, impartiality,
and similar matters shall be governed by this chapter, notwithstanding similar provisions in the statutes dealing with
the state boards, commissions, and officers listed. Where indicated, the procedure that shall be conducted under AS 44.62.330
- 44.62.630 is limited to named functions of the
- (1) Board of Chiropractic Examiners;
- (2) Board of Dental Examiners;
- (3) State Board of Registration for Architects, Engineers, and Land Surveyors;
- (4) Board of Examiners in Optometry;
- (5) State Medical Board;
- (6) Division of Lands under Alaska Land Act where applicable;
- (7) Board of Nursing functions, except those related to findings of abuse, neglect, or misappropriation of property
contained in the registry of certified nurse aides under AS 08.68.333
- (8) Board of Pharmacy;
- (9) Board of Public Accountancy;
- (10) Department of Labor and Workforce Development as to functions relating to employment security only as provided in (c)
of this section;
- (11) Real Estate Commission;
- (12) Alaska Workers' Compensation Board, where procedures are not otherwise expressly provided by the Alaska Workers'
- (13) Department of Transportation and Public Facilities, as to functions relating to aeronautics and communications;
- (14) Department of Public Safety, as to suspension or revocation of a security guard's license under AS 18.65.400
- (15) [Repealed, Sec. 47 ch 57 SLA 2005].
- (16) Department of Health and Social Services and Department of Environmental Conservation under AS 17.20 (Alaska Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act), and Department of
Commerce, Community, and Economic Development in connection with the licensing of embalmers and funeral directors under
- (17) [Repealed, Sec. 47 ch 57 SLA 2005].
- (18) Department of Environmental Conservation, under AS 18.35.010
- 18.35.090, concerning the regulation of tourist and
trailer camps, motor courts, and motels;
- (19) Board of Marine Pilots;
- (20) Alaska Police Standards Council;
- (21) Big Game Commercial Services Board;
- (22) Board of Dispensing Opticians;
- (23) Alaska Public Offices Commission;
- (24) Board of Fisheries;
- (25) Board of Game;
- (26) the Department of Education and Early Development and the Professional Teaching Practices Commission with regard to
proceedings to revoke or suspend a teacher's certificate under AS 14.20.030
- 14.20.040 and AS 14.20.470
- (27) Alaska Commission on Postsecondary Education under AS 14.48 as
to denial of applications and revocation of authorizations and permits;
- (28) Department of Environmental Conservation, except to the extent that AS 44.62.360
- 44.62.400 are inconsistent with the manner in which
proceedings are initiated under the provisions of AS 46.03 and AS 46.14;
- (29) Board of Psychologist and Psychological Associate Examiners;
- (30) the Department of Natural Resources as to functions relating to the protection of fish and game under AS 41.14.870
- (31) Board of Veterinary Examiners;
- (32) Department of Commerce, Community, and Economic Development concerning the licensing and regulation of nursing home
- (33) Board of Barbers and Hairdressers;
- (34) Department of Natural Resources concerning the Alaska grain reserve program under former AS 03.12;
- (35) Department of Commerce, Community, and Economic Development concerning the licensing and regulation of audiologists
and speech-language pathologists under AS 08.11;
- (36) Department of Commerce, Community, and Economic Development concerning the licensing and regulation of hearing aid
dealers under AS 08.55;
- (37) Board of Certified Real Estate Appraisers;
- (38) Department of Labor and Workforce Development as to functions related to employment rights of the organized militia
under AS 26.05.075;
- (39) Board of Certified Direct-Entry Midwives;
- (40) Board of Marital and Family Therapy;
- (41) [Repealed, Sec. 47 ch 57 SLA 2005].
- (42) the Department of Revenue for administrative review of actions taken under AS 43.50 relating to a tobacco product manufacturer's compliance with
statutory requirements regarding cigarette sales;
- (43) the Department of Commerce, Community, and Economic Development as to the licensing and regulation of private
professional guardians and conservators under AS 08.26;
- (44) Department of Commerce, Community, and Economic Development relating to the licensing and regulation of persons making
deferred deposit advances under AS 06.50;
- (45) Department of Health and Social Services relating to the centralized registry under AS 47.05.330 - 47.05.390;
- (46) State Commission for Human Rights, where procedures are not otherwise expressly provided in AS 18.80;
- (47) the Alaska Retirement Management Board for administration of pension forfeitures under AS 37.10.310 ;
- (48) [Effective July 1, 2008]. Department of Commerce, Community, and Economic Development relating to mortgage lending under AS 06.60.
- (b) The procedure of an agency not listed in (a) of this section shall be conducted under AS 44.62.330 - 44.62.630 only as to those functions to which AS 44.62.330 - 44.62.630 are made applicable by the statutes
relating to that agency.
- (c) Judicial review and scope of judicial review of all final decisions of the commissioner of labor and workforce
development on an appeal relating to employment security shall be in accord with this chapter notwithstanding anything
to the contrary in AS 23.20 (Alaska Employment Security Act).
All other procedures of the Department of Labor and Workforce Development relating to employment security shall be as
provided in AS 23.20 and the regulations under AS 23.20.
- (d) Except in a case of reinstatement or reduction of penalty, the provisions of this chapter do not affect statutory
- (1) civil or criminal penalties;
- (2) additional relief by injunction or restraining order;
- (3) penalty provisions relating to suspension, revocation, reissuance, and other similar matters of licenses, permits,
leases, concessions, and other similar matters;
- (4) related matters that in their context do not relate to procedure.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.