Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 25. Marital and Domestic Relations
- Chapter 27. Child Support Services Agency
- Section 130. Subrogation of State.
previous: Section 125
. Accounting and Disposition of Federal Receipts and Agency Collections.
next: Section 135
. Limitation On Actions to Establish Child Support Obligation.
AS 25.27.130. Subrogation of State.
- (a) If the obligor is liable to the state under AS 25.27.120
(a) or (b), the state is subrogated to the rights of the obligee to
- (1) bring an action in the superior court seeking an order of support;
- (2) proceed under AS 25.27.160
- 25.27.270 to establish a duty of support; or
- (3) enforce by execution, in accordance with AS 25.27.230
- 25.27.270, or otherwise, a support order entered in
favor of the obligee.
- (b) To establish or enforce an order of support, including, if applicable, a medical support order, based on the
subrogation of the state, the agency is not limited to the amount of assistance being granted to the child.
- (c) The recovery of any amount for which the obligor is liable that exceeds the total assistance granted under AS 47.07 and AS 47.27 shall be paid to the obligee.
- (d) Except as provided in (f) of this section, if the obligee is not receiving assistance under AS 47.07 or AS 47.27 at the time the state recovers money in an action under this
section, the recovery of any amount for which the obligor is liable shall be distributed to the obligee for support
payments, including medical support payments, that have become due and unpaid since the termination of assistance under
AS 47.07 or AS 47.27 under a support order in favor of the obligee.
- (e) After payment to the obligee under (d) of this section, the state may retain an amount not to exceed the total
unreimbursed assistance paid on behalf of the obligee under AS 47.07 or AS 47.27.
- (f) Notwithstanding (d) of this section, the state shall, if required under federal law or regulations, distribute amounts
recovered through offset of the obligor's federal tax refund as past due support with first distribution to the state
for unpaid support assigned to the state under AS 47.07.025
and AS 47.27.040
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.