(a) An action to establish a duty of support authorized under AS 25.27.140(a) is initiated by the agency serving on the alleged obligor a notice and finding of financial responsibility. The notice and finding served under this subsection shall be served personally or by registered, certified, or insured mail, return receipt requested, for restricted delivery only to the person to whom the notice and finding is directed or to the person authorized under federal regulation to receive that person’s restricted delivery mail.
(b) Except as provided in (c) of this section, the notice and finding of financial responsibility served under (a) of this section must state
(1) the sum or periodic payments for which the alleged obligor is found to be responsible under this chapter;
(2) the name of the alleged obligee and the obligee’s custodian;
(3) that the alleged obligor may appear and show cause in a hearing held by the agency why the finding is incorrect, should not be finally ordered, and should be modified or rescinded, because
(A) no duty of support is owed; or
(B) the amount of support found to be owed is incorrect;
(4) that, if the person served with the notice and finding of financial responsibility does not request a hearing within 30 days, the property and income of the person will be subject to execution under AS 25.27.062 and 25.27.230 — 25.27.270 in the amounts stated in the finding without further notice or hearing.
(c) If the agency is establishing only medical support, the notice and finding of financial responsibility must state
(1) that health care insurance shall be provided for the child to whom the duty of support is owed if health care insurance is available to the alleged obligor at a reasonable cost and that the alleged obligor and the other parent shall share equally the cost of the health care insurance and the costs of reasonable health care expenses not covered by insurance;
(2) the sum of periodic payments of cash medical support for which either parent or both parents are found to be responsible under this chapter;
(3) the name of the alleged obligee and the obligee’s custodian;
(4) that the alleged obligor may appear and show cause in a hearing held by the agency why the finding is incorrect, should not be finally ordered, and should be modified or rescinded, because
(A) no duty of support is owed;
(B) health care insurance for the child is not available to the alleged obligor at a reasonable cost;
(C) adequate health care is available to the child through the Indian Health Service or other insurance coverage; or
(D) there is good cause to allocate the costs of health insurance, cash medical support, or uninsured health care expenses unequally between the parents;
(5) that, if the person served with the notice under this subsection does not request a hearing within 30 days, a copy of the medical support order will be sent to the person’s employer under AS 25.27.063(b) without further notice or hearing for inclusion of the child in family health coverage if it is available through the person’s employer.
Other Sections in this Chapter:
- Sec. 25.27.010. Creation of child support services agency.
- Sec. 25.27.020. Duties and responsibilities of the agency.
- Sec. 25.27.022. Establishment and enforcement requests from other states.
- Sec. 25.27.025. Rate of interest.
- Sec. 25.27.030. Establishment of fund.
- Sec. 25.27.040. Determination of paternity.
- Sec. 25.27.045. Determination of support obligation.
- Sec. 25.27.050. Legal assistance.
- Sec. 25.27.060. Order of support. Repealed
- Sec. 25.27.062. Income withholding order for support.
- Sec. 25.27.065. Waiver of child support.
- Sec. 25.27.070. Order to assign wages for support.
- Sec. 25.27.075. Employment information.
- Sec. 25.27.080. Enforcement of support orders.
- Sec. 25.27.085. Subpoenas.
- Sec. 25.27.095. Agency exempt from execution.
- Sec. 25.27.100. All persons may use agency. Repealed
- Sec. 25.27.103. Payments to agency.
- Sec. 25.27.105. Audit of collections.
- Sec. 25.27.107. Certification of arrears. Renumbered
- Sec. 25.27.120. Obligor liable for public assistance furnished obligee.
- Sec. 25.27.125. Accounting and disposition of federal receipts and agency collections.
- Sec. 25.27.130. Subrogation of state.
- Sec. 25.27.135. Limitation on actions to establish child support obligation.
- Sec. 25.27.140. Authority and procedures to administratively establish and enforce support obligation.
- Sec. 25.27.150. Initiation of administrative enforcement of orders; required notice.
- Sec. 25.27.165. Determination of paternity in an administrative proceeding.
- Sec. 25.27.167. Contempt of order for genetic testing.
- Sec. 25.27.170. Hearings in administrative action to establish support duty.
- Sec. 25.27.180. Administrative findings and decision.
- Sec. 25.27.190. Modification of administrative finding or decision.
- Sec. 25.27.193. Periodic review or adjustment of support orders.
- Sec. 25.27.195. Relief from administrative order.
- Sec. 25.27.200. Use of standards in administrative determinations of support amounts.
- Sec. 25.27.210. Judicial review of administrative decisions and actions.
- Sec. 25.27.220. Procedure in judicial reviews.
- Sec. 25.27.225. Support payment obligations as judgments.
- Sec. 25.27.227. Nature of remedies.
- Sec. 25.27.230. Assertion, recording, and effect of lien.
- Sec. 25.27.240. Service of lien.
- Sec. 25.27.244. Adverse action against delinquent obligor’s occupational license.
- Sec. 25.27.246. Adverse action against delinquent obligor’s driver’s license.
- Sec. 25.27.250. Order to withhold and deliver. Repealed
- Sec. 25.27.253. Earnings subject to an order or lien.
- Sec. 25.27.255. Disposition of payments under income withholding orders. Repealed
- Sec. 25.27.260. Civil liability upon failure to comply with an order or lien.
- Sec. 25.27.265. Method of service; notification of change of address.
- Sec. 25.27.270. Judicial relief from administrative execution.
- Sec. 25.27.273. Reporting of payment information concerning delinquent obligors.
- Sec. 25.27.275. Nondisclosure of information in exceptional circumstances.
- Sec. 25.27.278. Payments not disbursed.
- Sec. 25.27.280. Severability: Alternative when method of notification held invalid.
- Sec. 25.27.300. Requests pertaining to remarriage.
- Sec. 25.27.320. Interest on agency return of certain overpayments.
- Sec. 25.27.900. Definitions.