Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 25. Marital and Domestic Relations
- Chapter 27. Child Support Services Agency
- Section 230. Assertion Recording, and Effect of Lien.
previous: Section 228
. Court Costs.
next: Section 240
. Service of Lien.
AS 25.27.230. Assertion Recording, and Effect of Lien.
- (a) The agency shall assert a lien upon the real or personal property of the obligor in the amount of the obligor's
liability if an arrearage occurs under a support order being enforced by the agency.
- (b) A lien recorded under this section has no effect against earnings, or bank deposits or balances, unless it states the
amount of the obligor's liability under this chapter and unless the lien is served in accordance with AS 25.27.240
- (c) The lien shall attach to all real and personal property of the obligor and be effective on the date of recording of
the lien with the recorder of the recording district in which the property attached is located. A lien against earnings
shall attach and be effective upon filing with the recorder of the recording district in which the employer does
business or maintains an office or agent for the purpose of doing business. A lien filed at the offices of the
Commercial Fisheries Entry Commission in Juneau against a limited entry permit issued under AS 16.43 is considered to have been filed against the permit in all
recording districts in which the permit holder uses the permit.
- (d) Whenever a lien has been recorded under this section and there is in the possession of any person, political
subdivision, or department of the state having actual notice of the lien any property that may be subject to the lien,
that property may not be paid over, released, sold, transferred, encumbered, or conveyed unless
- (1) a written release or waiver signed by a representative of the agency has been delivered to the person, political
subdivision, or department of the state; or
- (2) a decision has been made in a hearing held under AS 25.27.170
or by a superior court ordering release of the lien on the grounds that no debt exists or that the debt has been
- (e) A lien arising in another state under the child support laws of that state shall be given full faith and credit in
this state. The lien may be asserted in this state upon the real or personal property of the obligor in the amount of
the obligor's liability by complying with the requirements of this section.
- (f) A lien recorded under this section is a judgment lien and may be enforced by execution under AS 09.35 in the full amount of the obligor's liability at the time of
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.