Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 25. Marital and Domestic Relations
- Chapter 27. Child Support Services Agency
- Section 170. Hearings in Administrative Action to Establish Support Duty.
previous: Section 167
. Contempt of Order For Genetic Testing.
next: Section 180
. Administrative Findings and Decision.
AS 25.27.170. Hearings in Administrative Action to Establish Support Duty.
- (a) A person served with a notice and finding of financial responsibility is entitled to a hearing if a request in writing
for a hearing is served on the agency by registered mail, return receipt requested, within 30 days of the date of
service of the notice of financial responsibility.
- (b) If a request for a formal hearing under (a) of this section is made, the execution under AS 25.27.062
and 25.27.230 - 25.27.270 may not be stayed unless the obligor posts
security or a bond in the amount of child support that would have been due under the finding of financial
responsibility pending the decision on the hearing. If no request for a hearing is made, the finding of responsibility
is final at the expiration of the 30-day period.
- (c) If a hearing is requested, it shall be held within 30 days of the date of service of the request for hearing on the
- (d) Except as provided in (g) of this section, the hearing officer shall determine the amount of periodic payments
necessary to satisfy the past, present, and future liability of the alleged obligor under AS 25.27.120, if any, and under any duty of support
imposable under the law. The amount of periodic payments determined under this subsection is not limited by the amount
of any public assistance payment made to or for the benefit of the child.
- (e) The hearing officer shall consider the following in making a determination under (d) of this section:
- (1) the needs of the alleged obligee, disregarding the income or assets of the custodian of the alleged obligee;
- (2) the amount of the alleged obligor's liability to the state under AS 25.27.120
- (3) the intent of the legislature that children be supported as much as possible by their natural parents;
- (4) the ability of the alleged obligor to pay.
- (f) Except as provided in (g) of this section, if the alleged obligor requesting the hearing fails to appear at the
hearing, the hearing officer shall enter a decision declaring the property and income of the alleged obligor subject to
execution under AS 25.27.062
and 25.27.230 - 25.27.270 in the amounts stated in the notice and finding
of financial responsibility.
- (g) If the agency is establishing only a medical support order, the hearing officer shall enter a decision about the
parents' respective responsibilities for the child's health care expenses that complies with the requirements of AS 25.27.060
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.