Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 25. Marital and Domestic Relations
- Chapter 27. Child Support Services Agency
- Section 140. Authority and Procedures to Administratively Establish and Enforce Support Obligation.
previous: Section 135
. Limitation On Actions to Establish Child Support Obligation.
next: Section 150
. Initiation of Administrative Enforcement of Orders; Required Notice.
AS 25.27.140. Authority and Procedures to Administratively Establish and Enforce Support Obligation.
- (a) If a support order has not been entered, the agency may establish paternity and a duty of support, which may include
periodic payments of support, a medical support order, or both, utilizing the procedures prescribed in AS 25.27.160
- 25.27.220 and may enforce a duty of support
utilizing the procedure prescribed in AS 25.27.230
- 25.27.270. Action under this subsection may be
undertaken upon application of an obligee, or at the agency's own discretion if the obligor is liable to the state
under AS 25.27.120
(a) or (b).
- (b) If a support order has been entered, the agency may enforce the support order utilizing the procedures prescribed in
, 25.27.150, and 25.27.230 - 25.27.270.
- (c) Unless the agency is establishing only a medical support order, a decision of the agency determining a duty of support
shall include an income withholding order as provided under AS 25.27.062
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.