Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 25. Marital and Domestic Relations
- Chapter 27. Child Support Services Agency
- Section 120. Obligor Liable For Public Assistance Furnished Obligee.
previous: Section 110
. [Renumbered as AS 25.27.900
next: Section 125
. Accounting and Disposition of Federal Receipts and Agency Collections.
AS 25.27.120. Obligor Liable For Public Assistance Furnished Obligee.
- (a) An obligor is liable to the state in the amount of assistance granted under AS 47.07 and AS 47.27 to a child to whom the obligor owes a duty of support except
that, if a support order has been entered, the liability of the obligor for assistance granted under AS 47.27 may not exceed the amount of support provided for in the
support order, and, if a medical order of support has been entered, the liability of the obligor for assistance granted
under AS 47.07 may not exceed the amount of support provided for
in the medical order of support.
- (b) An obligor is liable to the state in the amount of the cost incurred if the state is maintaining a child to whom the
obligor owes a duty of support in a foster home or institution, except that if a support order has been entered, or an
agreement for payment of that cost executed between the obligor and the state, the liability of the obligor may not
exceed the amount provided in the support order or agreement.
- (c) Within 30 days after the agency knows the identity and address of an obligor who resides in the state and who is
liable to the state under this section, the agency shall send written notification by certified mail to the obligor and
the obligee of the obligor's accruing liability and that the obligor shall make child support payments to the agency.
The notice required under this subsection must be in clear, concise, and easily readable language. The notice may
accompany other communications by the agency.
- (d) If the agency fails to comply with (c) of this section, interest does not accrue on the liability to the state unless
a support order or medical support order, as applicable, has been entered.
- (e) The agency's failure to comply with (c) of this section does not bar an action by the state to recover amounts owed by
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.