In this chapter,
(1) “agency” means the child support services agency;
(2) “arrearage” means a debt that is past due and equal to at least one monthly obligation under the support order for one or more of the following:
(A) monetary support;
(B) cash medical support;
(C) payment of health care costs or maintenance of health insurance;
(D) reimbursement of related costs;
(E) payment of attorney fees and legal costs and other fees;
(F) penalty, interest, and other relief as required by a support order;
(3) “assistance under AS 47.27,” “assistance granted under AS 47.27,” or “assistance paid on behalf of the obligee under AS 47.27” means cash assistance provided under AS 47.27 (Alaska temporary assistance program);
(4) “business day” means a day on which state government offices are open for regular business;
(5) “department” means the Department of Revenue;
(6) “duty of support” includes a duty of support imposed or imposable by law, by a court order, decree, or judgment, or by a finding or decision rendered under this chapter whether interlocutory or final, whether incidental to a proceeding for divorce, legal separation, separate maintenance, or otherwise, and includes the duty to pay arrearages of support past due and unpaid together with penalties and interest on arrearages imposed under AS 25.27.020(a)(2)(B) and the duty to provide health care coverage in compliance with AS 25.27.060(c) and 25.27.063;
(7) “earnings” includes income from any form of periodic payment due to an individual, regardless of source; the gain derived from the investment of capital, from labor, or from a combination of investment and labor; and the interest on any of this income; in this paragraph, “periodic payment” includes wages, salaries, commissions, bonuses, workers’ compensation, disability benefits, and payments under a pension or retirement program;
(8) “employer” means an individual or entity within the meaning given that term in 26 U.S.C. 3401(d); “employer” includes a governmental entity or a labor organization;
(9) “high-volume automated administrative enforcement” means the use of automatic data processing to search various state data bases, including license records, employment service data, and state new-hire registries, to determine whether information is available regarding a parent who owes a child support obligation;
(10) “obligee” means a person to whom a duty of support is owed;
(11) “obligor” means a person owing a duty of support;
(12) “support order” means any judgment, decree, or order that is issued by a tribunal for the support and maintenance of a child or of a parent with whom the child is living; “support order” includes a judgment, decree, or order
(A) on behalf of a child who has reached the age of majority if the judgment, decree, or order was lawfully issued; and
(B) for any or all of the following:
(i) monetary support, including arrearages;
(ii) payment of health care costs or maintenance of health insurance;
(iii) payment of cash medical support;
(iv) reimbursement of related costs;
(v) payment of attorney fees and legal costs and other fees; or
(vi) penalty, interest, and other relief as required by a tribunal;
(13) “tribunal” means a court, administrative agency, or quasi-judicial entity authorized to establish, enforce, or modify support orders or to determine parentage.
Other Sections in this Chapter:
- Sec. 25.27.010. Creation of child support services agency.
- Sec. 25.27.020. Duties and responsibilities of the agency.
- Sec. 25.27.022. Establishment and enforcement requests from other states.
- Sec. 25.27.025. Rate of interest.
- Sec. 25.27.030. Establishment of fund.
- Sec. 25.27.040. Determination of paternity.
- Sec. 25.27.045. Determination of support obligation.
- Sec. 25.27.050. Legal assistance.
- Sec. 25.27.060. Order of support. Repealed
- Sec. 25.27.062. Income withholding order for support.
- Sec. 25.27.065. Waiver of child support.
- Sec. 25.27.070. Order to assign wages for support.
- Sec. 25.27.075. Employment information.
- Sec. 25.27.080. Enforcement of support orders.
- Sec. 25.27.085. Subpoenas.
- Sec. 25.27.095. Agency exempt from execution.
- Sec. 25.27.100. All persons may use agency. Repealed
- Sec. 25.27.103. Payments to agency.
- Sec. 25.27.105. Audit of collections.
- Sec. 25.27.107. Certification of arrears. Renumbered
- Sec. 25.27.120. Obligor liable for public assistance furnished obligee.
- Sec. 25.27.125. Accounting and disposition of federal receipts and agency collections.
- Sec. 25.27.130. Subrogation of state.
- Sec. 25.27.135. Limitation on actions to establish child support obligation.
- Sec. 25.27.140. Authority and procedures to administratively establish and enforce support obligation.
- Sec. 25.27.150. Initiation of administrative enforcement of orders; required notice.
- Sec. 25.27.160. Initiation of administrative action to establish support duty; required notice.
- Sec. 25.27.165. Determination of paternity in an administrative proceeding.
- Sec. 25.27.167. Contempt of order for genetic testing.
- Sec. 25.27.170. Hearings in administrative action to establish support duty.
- Sec. 25.27.180. Administrative findings and decision.
- Sec. 25.27.190. Modification of administrative finding or decision.
- Sec. 25.27.193. Periodic review or adjustment of support orders.
- Sec. 25.27.195. Relief from administrative order.
- Sec. 25.27.200. Use of standards in administrative determinations of support amounts.
- Sec. 25.27.210. Judicial review of administrative decisions and actions.
- Sec. 25.27.220. Procedure in judicial reviews.
- Sec. 25.27.225. Support payment obligations as judgments.
- Sec. 25.27.227. Nature of remedies.
- Sec. 25.27.230. Assertion, recording, and effect of lien.
- Sec. 25.27.240. Service of lien.
- Sec. 25.27.244. Adverse action against delinquent obligor’s occupational license.
- Sec. 25.27.246. Adverse action against delinquent obligor’s driver’s license.
- Sec. 25.27.250. Order to withhold and deliver. Repealed
- Sec. 25.27.253. Earnings subject to an order or lien.
- Sec. 25.27.255. Disposition of payments under income withholding orders. Repealed
- Sec. 25.27.260. Civil liability upon failure to comply with an order or lien.
- Sec. 25.27.265. Method of service; notification of change of address.
- Sec. 25.27.270. Judicial relief from administrative execution.
- Sec. 25.27.273. Reporting of payment information concerning delinquent obligors.
- Sec. 25.27.275. Nondisclosure of information in exceptional circumstances.
- Sec. 25.27.278. Payments not disbursed.
- Sec. 25.27.280. Severability: Alternative when method of notification held invalid.
- Sec. 25.27.300. Requests pertaining to remarriage.
- Sec. 25.27.320. Interest on agency return of certain overpayments.