Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 25. Marital and Domestic Relations
- Chapter 27. Child Support Services Agency
- Section 320. Interest On Agency Return of Certain Overpayments.
previous: Section 300
. Requests Pertaining to Remarriage.
next: Section 900
AS 25.27.320. Interest On Agency Return of Certain Overpayments.
- (a) If the agency disburses money to an obligor because the agency made an error and mistakenly required the obligor to
overpay under a support order enforced by the agency, the agency shall include interest with the disbursement at the
rate of six percent a year. The interest accrues from the date the payment at issue was received by the agency,
regardless of when the payment is determined to be an overpayment.
- (b) The provisions of (a) of this section do not apply to situations where the agency is ordered by a court to return
money to an obligor based on the obligor's being the prevailing party in a court action.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.