- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 47. Welfare, Social Services and Institutions
- Chapter 7. Medical Assistance For Needy Persons
- Section 25. Assignment of Medical Support Rights.
previous: Section 20
. Eligible Persons.
next: Section 30
. Medical Services to Be Provided.
AS 47.07.025. Assignment of Medical Support Rights.
- (a) An applicant for or recipient of assistance under this chapter is considered to have assigned to the state, through
the department and the child support services agency, all rights to accrued and continuing medical support that the
applicant and other persons for whom assistance is sought may have from all sources. The assignment takes effect upon a
determination that the applicant is eligible for assistance under this chapter. Except with respect to the amount of
any unpaid medical support obligation accrued under the assignment, the assignment under this section terminates when
the applicant ceases to receive assistance under this chapter.
- (b) Through the child support services agency or on its own behalf, the department may garnish the wages, salary, or other
employment income of a person who
- (1) is required by a medical support order under AS 25.27.060
(c) to provide coverage of the costs of medical care to a child who is eligible for medical assistance under this
- (2) has received payment from a third party for the costs of the services; and
- (3) has not used the payments to reimburse, as appropriate, the other parent or custodian of the child, the provider of
the services, or the department.
- (c) Garnishment under (b) of this section is limited to the amount necessary to reimburse the department for expenditures
for the child under this chapter. Claims for current support or support arrearages take priority over claims under this
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.