Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 18. Health, Safety, and Housing
- Chapter 56. Alaska Housing Finance Corporation
- Section 440. Limitations On Use of Housing Assistance Loan Program.
previous: Section 430
. Home Ownership Assistance Fund.
next: Section 450
. Operating Loss Reserve Account.
AS 18.56.440. Limitations On Use of Housing Assistance Loan Program.
The housing assistance loan program may not be used to
- (1) originate a direct loan or purchase or participate in the purchase of a small community housing mortgage loan that
exceeds the limitations on mortgage loans purchased by the Federal National Mortgage Association as to principal amount
or loan-to-value ratio;
- (2) originate a direct loan or purchase or participate in the purchase of a loan made for building materials for small
- (A) that exceeds $45,000 or exceeds
- (i) 80 percent of the appraised value of the work completed on the small community housing for which the loan is made if
the small community housing is pledged as collateral for the loan; or
- (ii) 90 percent of the value of other property that is pledged as security for the loan and that is satisfactory to the
corporation as collateral;
- (B) unless the terms of the loan agreement require inspections and certifications, as required by regulations of the
corporation, at the expense of the borrower; and
- (C) unless the period of time allowed for repayment of the loan is equal to or less than 15 years;
- (3) originate direct loans or purchase or participate in the purchase of a small community housing mortgage loan that is
secured by real property the marketable title to which is shown under AS 18.56.480(b)(2) if the total amount of outstanding small
community housing mortgage loans held by the corporation exceeds 10 times the amount of money in the restricted title
loss reserve account established by AS 18.56.490
- (4) originate a direct loan for small community housing or purchase or participate in the purchase of a small community
housing mortgage loan, other than a loan for the repair, remodeling, rehabilitation, or expansion of an existing
owner-occupied residence, if the borrower has an outstanding housing loan made under a state loan program, other than a
loan for nonowner-occupied housing under AS 18.56.580
or under former AS 44.47.520
, that bears interest at a rate that was less than the prevailing market interest rate for similar housing loans at the
time the loan was made;
- (5) originate a direct mortgage loan or purchase or participate in the purchase of a mortgage loan for rental housing
unless the borrower agrees not to discriminate against tenants or prospective tenants because of sex, marital status,
changes in marital status, pregnancy, parenthood, race, religion, color, national origin, or status as a student; or
- (6) originate, purchase, or participate in a loan to a person who has a past due child support obligation established by
court order or by the child support services agency under AS 25.27.160
- 25.27.220 at the time of application.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.