Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 18. Health, Safety, and Housing
- Chapter 56. Alaska Housing Finance Corporation
- Section 430. Home Ownership Assistance Fund.
previous: Section 420
. Housing Assistance Loan Program.
next: Section 440
. Limitations On Use of Housing Assistance Loan Program.
AS 18.56.430. Home Ownership Assistance Fund.
- (a) There is created in the corporation the home ownership assistance fund consisting of money appropriated to it by the
legislature and deposited in it by the corporation. Money in the fund shall be used solely to assist persons of lower
and moderate income to purchase or construct single-family homes financed under AS 18.56.400
- 18.56.600 by providing a subsidy to those persons.
- (b) The subsidy provided by this section may not exceed the amount that is necessary to reduce the annual interest rate
paid on the mortgage loan to six percent.
- (c) A mortgage loan that is subsidized from the home ownership assistance fund may not exceed $120,000.
- (d) The corporation shall adopt regulations that establish maximum income-to-loan payment ratios for persons who apply for
a subsidy under this section.
- (e) In this section, "persons of lower and moderate income" means individuals considered by the corporation to require
assistance under this section because of inadequate income or other limited personal financial resources, taking into
- (1) the amount of total income available for housing needs;
- (2) the size of the family;
- (3) the cost and condition of available housing;
- (4) standards established in various federal programs for determining eligibility based on income;
- (5) the ability to enter the private housing market and to pay market amounts for decent, safe, and sanitary housing; and
- (6) other factors considered relevant by the corporation.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.