- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 45. Trade and Commerce
- Chapter 2. Sales
- Section 319. F.O.B. and F.a.S. Terms.
previous: Section 318
. Third-Party Beneficiaries of Warranties Express or Implied.
next: Section 320
. C.I.F. and C. & F. Terms.
AS 45.02.319. F.O.B. and F.a.S. Terms.
- (a) Unless otherwise agreed, the term F.O.B., which means "free on board", at a named place, even though used only in
connection with the stated price, is a delivery term under which,
- (1) when the term is F.O.B. the place of shipment, the seller must at that place ship the goods in the manner provided in
and bear the expense and risk of putting them into the possession of the carrier; or
- (2) when the term is F.O.B. the place of destination, the seller must, at the expense and risk of the seller, transport
the goods to that place and there tender delivery of them in the manner provided in AS 45.02.503
- (3) when under either (1) or (2) of this subsection the term is also F.O.B. vessel, car, or other vehicle, the seller must
in addition, at the expense and risk of the seller, load the goods on board; if the term is F.O.B. vessel, the buyer
must name the vessel and in an appropriate case the seller must comply with the provisions on the form of bill of
lading (AS 45.02.323
- (b) Unless otherwise agreed, the term F.A.S. vessel (which means "free alongside") at a named port, even though used only
in connection with the stated price, is a delivery term under which the seller must
- (1) at the expense and risk of the seller deliver the goods alongside the vessel in the manner usual in that port or on a
dock designated and provided by the buyer; and
- (2) obtain and tender a receipt for the goods in exchange for which the carrier is under a duty to issue a bill of lading.
- (c) Unless otherwise agreed, in a case falling within (a)(1) or (3) or (b) of this section, the buyer must seasonably give
needed instructions for making delivery, including when the term is F.A.S. or F.O.B. the loading berth of the vessel
and in an appropriate case its name and sailing date. The seller may treat the failure of needed instructions as a
failure of cooperation under AS 45.02.311
. The seller also has the option to move the goods in a reasonable manner preparatory to delivery or shipment.
- (d) Under the term F.O.B. vessel or F.A.S., unless otherwise agreed, the buyer must make payment against tender of the
required documents and the seller may not tender or the buyer demand delivery of the goods in substitution for the
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.