- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 45. Trade and Commerce
- Chapter 2. Sales
- Section 320. C.I.F. and C. & F. Terms.
previous: Section 319
. F.O.B. and F.a.S. Terms.
next: Section 321
. C.I.F. or C. & F.: "Net Landed Weights"; "Payment On Arrival"; Warranty of Conditions On Arrival.
AS 45.02.320. C.I.F. and C. & F. Terms.
- (a) The term C.I.F. means that the price includes in a lump sum the cost of the goods and the insurance and freight to
the named destination. The term C. & F. or C.F. means that the price so includes cost and freight to the named
- (b) Unless otherwise agreed and even though used only in connection with the stated price and destination, the term C.I.F.
destination or its equivalent requires the seller at the expense and risk of the seller to
- (1) put the goods into the possession of a carrier at the port for shipment and obtain a negotiable bill or bills of
lading covering the entire transportation to the named destination; and
- (2) load the goods and obtain a receipt from the carrier, which may be contained in the bill of lading, showing that the
freight has been paid or provided for; and
- (3) obtain a policy or certificate of insurance, including war risk insurance, of a kind and on terms then current at the
port of shipment in the usual amount, in the currency of the contract, shown to cover the same goods covered by the
bill of lading and providing for payment of loss to the order of the buyer or for the account of whom it may concern;
but the seller may add to the price the amount of the premium for war risk insurance; and
- (4) prepare an invoice of the goods and procure any other documents required to effect shipment or to comply with the
- (5) forward and tender with commercial promptness all the documents in due form and with the endorsement necessary to
perfect the buyer's rights.
- (c) Unless otherwise agreed, the term C. & F. or its equivalent has the same effect and imposes upon the seller the same
obligations and risks as a C.I.F. term except the obligation as to insurance.
- (d) Under the term C.I.F. or C. & F., unless otherwise agreed, the buyer must make payment against tender of the required
documents and the seller may not tender or the buyer demand delivery of the goods in substitution for the documents.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.