- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 45. Trade and Commerce
- Chapter 2. Sales
- Section 311. Options and Cooperation Respecting Performance.
previous: Section 310
. Open Time For Payment or Running of Credit; Authority to Ship Under Reservation.
next: Section 312
. Warranty of Title and Against Infringement; Buyer's Obligation Against Infringement.
AS 45.02.311. Options and Cooperation Respecting Performance.
- (a) An agreement for sale that is otherwise sufficiently definite (AS 45.02.204(c)) to be a contract is not made invalid by the
fact that it leaves particulars of performance to be specified by one of the parties. The specification must be made
in good faith and within limits set by commercial reasonableness.
- (b) Unless otherwise agreed, specifications relating to assortment of the goods are at the buyer's option and, except as
otherwise provided in AS 45.02.319
(a)(3) and (c), specifications or arrangements relating to shipment are at the seller's option.
- (c) If the specification would materially affect the other party's performance but is not seasonably made or if one
party's cooperation is necessary to the agreed performance of the other but is not seasonably forthcoming, the other
party in addition to all other remedies
- (1) is excused for a resulting delay in the party's own performance; and
- (2) may either proceed to perform in a reasonable manner or, after the time for a material part of the party's own
performance, treat the failure to specify or to cooperate as a breach by failure to deliver or accept the goods.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.