- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 45. Trade and Commerce
- Chapter 2. Sales
- Section 312. Warranty of Title and Against Infringement; Buyer's Obligation Against Infringement.
previous: Section 311
. Options and Cooperation Respecting Performance.
next: Section 313
. Express Warranties By Affirmation, Promise, Description, Sample.
AS 45.02.312. Warranty of Title and Against Infringement; Buyer's Obligation Against Infringement.
- (a) Subject to (b) of this section there is in a contract for sale a warranty by the seller that
- (1) the title conveyed shall be good, and its transfer rightful; and
- (2) the goods shall be delivered free from a security interest or other lien or encumbrance of which the buyer at the time
of contracting has no knowledge.
- (b) A warranty under (a) of this section will be excluded or modified only by specific language or by circumstances that
give the buyer reason to know that the person selling does not claim title in the seller or that the person is
purporting to sell only such right or title as the person selling or a third person may have.
- (c) Unless otherwise agreed, a seller who is a merchant regularly dealing in goods of the kind warrants that the goods
shall be delivered free of the rightful claim of a third person by way of infringement or the like, but a buyer who
furnishes specifications to the seller must hold the seller harmless against any such claim that arises out of
compliance with the specifications.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.