- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 45. Trade and Commerce
- Chapter 2. Sales
- Section 504. Shipment By Seller.
previous: Section 503
. Manner of Seller's Tender of Delivery.
next: Section 505
. Seller's Shipment Under Reservation.
AS 45.02.504. Shipment By Seller.
- (a) If the seller is required or authorized to send the goods to the buyer and the contract does not require the seller to
deliver them at a particular destination, then, unless otherwise agreed, the seller must
- (1) put the goods in the possession of such a carrier and make such a contract for their transportation as is reasonable,
having regard to the nature of the goods and other circumstances of the case;
- (2) obtain and promptly deliver or tender in due form any document necessary to enable the buyer to obtain possession of
the goods or otherwise required by the agreement or by usage of trade; and
- (3) promptly notify the buyer of the shipment.
- (b) Failure to notify the buyer under (a)(3) of this section or to make a proper contract under (a)(1) of this section is
a ground for rejection only if material delay or loss ensues.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.