- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 45. Trade and Commerce
- Chapter 2. Sales
- Section 505. Seller's Shipment Under Reservation.
previous: Section 504
. Shipment By Seller.
next: Section 506
. Rights of Financing Agency.
AS 45.02.505. Seller's Shipment Under Reservation.
- (a) If the seller has identified goods to the contract by or before shipment,
- (1) the seller's procurement of a negotiable bill of lading to the seller's order or otherwise reserves in the seller a
security interest in the goods; the seller's procurement of the bill to the order of a financing agency or of the
buyer indicates in addition only the seller's expectation of transferring that interest to the person named;
- (2) a nonnegotiable bill of lading to the seller or the nominee of the seller reserves possession of the goods as security
but, except in a case of conditional delivery (AS 45.02.507
(b)), a nonnegotiable bill of lading naming the buyer as consignee reserves no security interest even though the seller
retains possession of the bill of lading.
- (b) If shipment by the seller with reservation of a security interest is in violation of the contract for sale, it
constitutes an improper contract for transportation within the preceding section but impairs neither the rights given
to the buyer by shipment and identification of the goods to the contract nor the seller's powers as a holder of a
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.