- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 45. Trade and Commerce
- Chapter 2. Sales
- Section 503. Manner of Seller's Tender of Delivery.
previous: Section 502
. Buyer's Right to Goods On Seller's Repudiation, Failure to Deliver, or Insolvency.
next: Section 504
. Shipment By Seller.
AS 45.02.503. Manner of Seller's Tender of Delivery.
- (a) Tender of delivery requires that the seller put and hold conforming goods at the buyer's disposition and give the
buyer any notification reasonably necessary to enable the buyer to take delivery. The manner, time, and place for
tender are determined by the agreement and this chapter, and, in particular,
- (1) tender must be at a reasonable hour and, if it is of goods, they must be kept available for the period reasonably
necessary to enable the buyer to take possession; but
- (2) unless otherwise agreed, the buyer must furnish facilities reasonably suited to the receipt of the goods.
- (b) If the case is within AS 45.02.504
respecting shipment, tender requires that the seller comply with its provisions.
- (c) If the seller is required to deliver at a particular destination, tender requires that the seller comply with (a) of
this section and also in an appropriate case tender documents as described in (d) and (e) of this section.
- (d) If goods are in the possession of a bailee and are to be delivered without being moved,
- (1) tender requires that the seller either tender a negotiable document of title covering the goods or procure
acknowledgment by the bailee of the buyer's right to possession of the goods; but
- (2) tender to the buyer of a nonnegotiable document of title or of a written direction to the bailee to deliver is
sufficient tender unless the buyer seasonably objects, and receipt by the bailee of notification of the buyer's rights
fixes those rights as against the bailee and all third persons; but risk of loss of the goods and of a failure by the
bailee to honor the nonnegotiable document of title or to obey the direction remains on the seller until the buyer has
had a reasonable time to present the document or direction, and a refusal by the bailee to honor the document or to
obey the direction defeats the tender.
- (e) If the contract requires the seller to deliver documents,
- (1) the seller must tender all such documents in correct form except as provided in AS 45.02.323
(b) with respect to bills of lading in a set; and
- (2) tender through customary banking channels is sufficient, and dishonor of a draft accompanying the documents
constitutes nonacceptance or rejection.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.