Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 9. Code of Civil Procedure
- Chapter 55. Special Actions and Proceedings
- Section 560. Definitions.
previous: Section 556
. Informed Consent.
next: Section 570
. All Causes of Action Survive.
AS 09.55.560. Definitions.
In AS 09.55.530
- (1) "board" means an arbitration board established under AS 09.55.535;
- (2) "health care provider" means an acupuncturist licensed under AS 08.06; an audiologist or speech-language pathologist licensed under
AS 08.11; a chiropractor licensed under AS 08.20; a dental hygienist licensed under AS 08.32; a dentist licensed under AS 08.36; a nurse licensed under AS 08.68; a dispensing optician licensed under AS 08.71; a naturopath licensed under AS 08.45; an optometrist licensed under AS 08.72; a pharmacist licensed under AS 08.80; a physical therapist or occupational therapist licensed under
AS 08.84; a physician or physician assistant licensed under AS 08.64; a podiatrist; a psychologist and a psychological associate
licensed under AS 08.86; a hospital as defined in AS 47.32.900
, including a governmentally owned or operated hospital; an employee of a health care provider acting within the course
and scope of employment; an ambulatory surgical facility and other organizations whose primary purpose is the delivery
of health care, including a health maintenance organization, individual practice association, integrated delivery
system, preferred provider organization or arrangement, and a physical hospital organization;
- (3) "panel" means an expert advisory panel established under AS 09.55.536;
- (4) "professional negligence" means a negligent act or omission by a health care provider in rendering professional
- (5) "professional services" means service provided by a health care provider that is within the scope of services for
which the health care provider is licensed and that is not prohibited under the health care provider's license or by a
facility in which the health care provider practices.
Article 07. SURVIVAL AND WRONGFUL DEATH ACTIONS
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.