- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 36. Public Contracts
- Chapter 10. Employment Preference
- Section 180. Projects Subject to Preference.
previous: Section 175
. Preference For Economically Disadvantaged Female Residents.
next: Section 190
. Reporting Provisions.
AS 36.10.180. Projects Subject to Preference.
- (a) The preferences established in AS 36.10.150
- 36.10.175 apply to work performed
- (1) under a contract for construction, repair, preliminary surveys, engineering studies, consulting, maintenance work, or
any other retention of services necessary to complete a given project that is let by the state or an agency of the
state, a department, office, state board, commission, public corporation, or other organizational unit of or created
under the executive, legislative, or judicial branch of state government, including the University of Alaska and the
Alaska Railroad Corporation, or by a political subdivision of the state including a regional school board with respect
to an educational facility under AS 14.11.020
- (2) on a public works project under a grant to a municipality under AS 37.05.315
or AS 37.06.010
- (3) on a public works project under a grant to a named recipient under AS 37.05.316
- (4) on a public works project under a grant to an unincorporated community under AS 37.05.317
or AS 37.06.020
- (5) on any other public works project or construction project that is funded in whole or in part by state money.
- (b) If the governor has declared an area to be an area impacted by an economic disaster under AS 44.33.285
, then the preference for residents of the area established under AS 44.33.285
- 44.33.310 supersedes the preference under AS 36.10.150
- 36.10.175 for contracts awarded by the state.
- (c) The commissioner shall define the boundaries of a zone within which a preference applies.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.