- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 44. State Government
- Chapter 33. Department of Commerce, Community, and Economic Development
- Section 310. Definitions.
previous: Section 305
next: Section 320
. - 44.33.380l Residential Care Facility Revolving Loan Fund. [Repealed, Sec. 72 Ch 113 SLA 1982].
AS 44.33.310. Definitions.
In AS 44.33.285
- (1) "base period" means any 10 years after 1950, not necessarily continuous, and if the economic disaster is caused by a
fisheries failure the period shall consist of years during which a fishery produced at economically representative
levels as determined by the Department of Fish and Game;
- (2) "department" means the Department of Commerce, Community and Economic Development;
- (3) "economic disaster" means that the annual income to workers in the designated area dropped below the average annual
income for the base period for workers in the designated area and the drop in income is of such magnitude that the
average family income of all residents of the designated area as determined by the department is below the poverty
guidelines issued by the federal Department of Health and Human Services, adjusted by the department to reflect
subsistence economic patterns and appropriate cost-of-living differentials; the availability of alternate employment
shall be considered in determining whether an economic disaster has occurred under this paragraph.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.