- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 36. Public Contracts
- Chapter 10. Employment Preference
- Section 175. Preference For Economically Disadvantaged Female Residents.
previous: Section 170
. Preference For Economically Disadvantaged Minority Residents.
next: Section 180
. Projects Subject to Preference.
AS 36.10.175. Preference For Economically Disadvantaged Female Residents.
- (a) Immediately following a determination by the commissioner that the female residents of a zone are economically
disadvantaged, and for the next two fiscal years after the determination, qualified female residents of the zone who
are eligible under AS 36.10.140
shall be given preference in hiring for at least 25 percent of employment on each project under AS 36.10.180
that is wholly or partially sited within the zone. The preference applies on a craft-by-craft or occupational basis.
- (b) The commissioner shall determine that the female residents of a zone are economically disadvantaged if the
commissioner finds that
- (1) either the percent of unemployment of female residents of the zone is at least two times the percent of unemployment
of male residents of the zone or the female population of the zone has suffered past economic discrimination;
- (2) the economic disadvantage of female residents of the zone has substantially contributed to serious social or economic
problems in the zone; and
- (3) employment of workers who are not residents is a peculiar source of unemployment of female residents of the zone.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.