(a) The agency may subpoena persons, books, records, and documents to
(1) obtain any financial or other information needed to establish, modify, or enforce a child support order;
(2) determine the paternity of a child under AS 25.27.165; or
(3) disestablish the paternity of a child under AS 25.27.166.
(b) An administrative subpoena issued under this section shall be served in the manner provided for service of liens under AS 25.27.240. Proof of service may be completed according to Rule 5, Alaska Rules of Civil Procedure.
(c) A person who is issued an administrative subpoena shall be provided an opportunity to refuse to comply with it for good cause by filing a request for a conference with the agency in this state in the manner and within the time specified in regulations adopted by the agency. Good cause shall be limited to mistake in identity of the person or to a prohibition under law to release such information.
(d) After a conference requested under (c) of this section, the agency shall issue an order on the request relating to good cause. If the person continues to refuse to comply with the administrative subpoena, the agency in this state shall issue an order to impose a civil penalty of $10 for each day of noncompliance with the subpoena.
(e) An order imposing a civil penalty under this section is a final administrative decision and may be appealed under AS 25.27.210.
(f) This section does not limit the ability of the agency to make other lawful requests for information.
(g) If a person fails to comply with a subpoena issued under this section, the agency may apply to the court for an order to compel obedience by proceedings for contempt as if the subpoena had been issued by a court.
Other Sections in this Chapter:
- Sec. 25.27.010. Creation of child support services agency.
- Sec. 25.27.020. Duties and responsibilities of the agency.
- Sec. 25.27.022. Establishment and enforcement requests from other states.
- Sec. 25.27.025. Rate of interest.
- Sec. 25.27.030. Establishment of fund.
- Sec. 25.27.040. Determination of paternity.
- Sec. 25.27.045. Determination of support obligation.
- Sec. 25.27.050. Legal assistance.
- Sec. 25.27.060. Order of support. Repealed
- Sec. 25.27.062. Income withholding order for support.
- Sec. 25.27.065. Waiver of child support.
- Sec. 25.27.070. Order to assign wages for support.
- Sec. 25.27.075. Employment information.
- Sec. 25.27.080. Enforcement of support orders.
- Sec. 25.27.095. Agency exempt from execution.
- Sec. 25.27.100. All persons may use agency. Repealed
- Sec. 25.27.103. Payments to agency.
- Sec. 25.27.105. Audit of collections.
- Sec. 25.27.107. Certification of arrears. Renumbered
- Sec. 25.27.120. Obligor liable for public assistance furnished obligee.
- Sec. 25.27.125. Accounting and disposition of federal receipts and agency collections.
- Sec. 25.27.130. Subrogation of state.
- Sec. 25.27.135. Limitation on actions to establish child support obligation.
- Sec. 25.27.140. Authority and procedures to administratively establish and enforce support obligation.
- Sec. 25.27.150. Initiation of administrative enforcement of orders; required notice.
- Sec. 25.27.160. Initiation of administrative action to establish support duty; required notice.
- Sec. 25.27.165. Determination of paternity in an administrative proceeding.
- Sec. 25.27.167. Contempt of order for genetic testing.
- Sec. 25.27.170. Hearings in administrative action to establish support duty.
- Sec. 25.27.180. Administrative findings and decision.
- Sec. 25.27.190. Modification of administrative finding or decision.
- Sec. 25.27.193. Periodic review or adjustment of support orders.
- Sec. 25.27.195. Relief from administrative order.
- Sec. 25.27.200. Use of standards in administrative determinations of support amounts.
- Sec. 25.27.210. Judicial review of administrative decisions and actions.
- Sec. 25.27.220. Procedure in judicial reviews.
- Sec. 25.27.225. Support payment obligations as judgments.
- Sec. 25.27.227. Nature of remedies.
- Sec. 25.27.230. Assertion, recording, and effect of lien.
- Sec. 25.27.240. Service of lien.
- Sec. 25.27.244. Adverse action against delinquent obligor’s occupational license.
- Sec. 25.27.246. Adverse action against delinquent obligor’s driver’s license.
- Sec. 25.27.250. Order to withhold and deliver. Repealed
- Sec. 25.27.253. Earnings subject to an order or lien.
- Sec. 25.27.255. Disposition of payments under income withholding orders. Repealed
- Sec. 25.27.260. Civil liability upon failure to comply with an order or lien.
- Sec. 25.27.265. Method of service; notification of change of address.
- Sec. 25.27.270. Judicial relief from administrative execution.
- Sec. 25.27.273. Reporting of payment information concerning delinquent obligors.
- Sec. 25.27.275. Nondisclosure of information in exceptional circumstances.
- Sec. 25.27.278. Payments not disbursed.
- Sec. 25.27.280. Severability: Alternative when method of notification held invalid.
- Sec. 25.27.300. Requests pertaining to remarriage.
- Sec. 25.27.320. Interest on agency return of certain overpayments.
- Sec. 25.27.900. Definitions.