(a) Judicial review by the superior court of a final administrative decision establishing or disestablishing paternity and establishing or modifying a duty of support or amounts of support due may be obtained by filing a notice of appeal in accordance with the applicable rules of court governing appeals in civil matters. A notice of appeal shall be filed within 30 days after the decision.
(b) The complete record of the proceedings, or the parts of it that the appellant designates, shall be prepared by the agency. A copy shall be delivered to all parties participating in the appeal. The original shall be filed in the superior court within 30 days after the appellant pays the estimated cost of preparing the complete or designated record or files a corporate surety bond equal to the estimated cost.
(c) The complete record includes
(1) the notice and finding of financial responsibility, the notice of paternity and financial responsibility, or the notice of and petition for an action disestablishing paternity, as applicable;
(2) the request for a hearing;
(3) the decision of the hearing officer;
(4) the exhibits admitted or rejected;
(5) the written evidence;
(6) all other documents in the case, including decisions of the agency.
(d) Upon order of the superior court, appeals may be taken on the original record or parts of it. The record may be typewritten or duplicated by any standard process. Analogous rules of court governing appeals in civil matters shall be followed when this chapter is silent, and when not in conflict with this chapter.
(e) The superior court may enjoin agency action in excess of constitutional or statutory authority at any stage of an agency proceeding. If agency action is unlawfully or unreasonably withheld, the superior court may compel the agency to initiate action.
Other Sections in this Chapter:
- Sec. 25.27.010. Creation of child support services agency.
- Sec. 25.27.020. Duties and responsibilities of the agency.
- Sec. 25.27.022. Establishment and enforcement requests from other states.
- Sec. 25.27.025. Rate of interest.
- Sec. 25.27.030. Establishment of fund.
- Sec. 25.27.040. Determination of paternity.
- Sec. 25.27.045. Determination of support obligation.
- Sec. 25.27.050. Legal assistance.
- Sec. 25.27.060. Order of support. Repealed
- Sec. 25.27.062. Income withholding order for support.
- Sec. 25.27.065. Waiver of child support.
- Sec. 25.27.070. Order to assign wages for support.
- Sec. 25.27.075. Employment information.
- Sec. 25.27.080. Enforcement of support orders.
- Sec. 25.27.085. Subpoenas.
- Sec. 25.27.095. Agency exempt from execution.
- Sec. 25.27.100. All persons may use agency. Repealed
- Sec. 25.27.103. Payments to agency.
- Sec. 25.27.105. Audit of collections.
- Sec. 25.27.107. Certification of arrears. Renumbered
- Sec. 25.27.120. Obligor liable for public assistance furnished obligee.
- Sec. 25.27.125. Accounting and disposition of federal receipts and agency collections.
- Sec. 25.27.130. Subrogation of state.
- Sec. 25.27.135. Limitation on actions to establish child support obligation.
- Sec. 25.27.140. Authority and procedures to administratively establish and enforce support obligation.
- Sec. 25.27.150. Initiation of administrative enforcement of orders; required notice.
- Sec. 25.27.160. Initiation of administrative action to establish support duty; required notice.
- Sec. 25.27.165. Determination of paternity in an administrative proceeding.
- Sec. 25.27.167. Contempt of order for genetic testing.
- Sec. 25.27.170. Hearings in administrative action to establish support duty.
- Sec. 25.27.180. Administrative findings and decision.
- Sec. 25.27.190. Modification of administrative finding or decision.
- Sec. 25.27.193. Periodic review or adjustment of support orders.
- Sec. 25.27.195. Relief from administrative order.
- Sec. 25.27.200. Use of standards in administrative determinations of support amounts.
- Sec. 25.27.220. Procedure in judicial reviews.
- Sec. 25.27.225. Support payment obligations as judgments.
- Sec. 25.27.227. Nature of remedies.
- Sec. 25.27.230. Assertion, recording, and effect of lien.
- Sec. 25.27.240. Service of lien.
- Sec. 25.27.244. Adverse action against delinquent obligor’s occupational license.
- Sec. 25.27.246. Adverse action against delinquent obligor’s driver’s license.
- Sec. 25.27.250. Order to withhold and deliver. Repealed
- Sec. 25.27.253. Earnings subject to an order or lien.
- Sec. 25.27.255. Disposition of payments under income withholding orders. Repealed
- Sec. 25.27.260. Civil liability upon failure to comply with an order or lien.
- Sec. 25.27.265. Method of service; notification of change of address.
- Sec. 25.27.270. Judicial relief from administrative execution.
- Sec. 25.27.273. Reporting of payment information concerning delinquent obligors.
- Sec. 25.27.275. Nondisclosure of information in exceptional circumstances.
- Sec. 25.27.278. Payments not disbursed.
- Sec. 25.27.280. Severability: Alternative when method of notification held invalid.
- Sec. 25.27.300. Requests pertaining to remarriage.
- Sec. 25.27.320. Interest on agency return of certain overpayments.
- Sec. 25.27.900. Definitions.